2014 CB1100 Now On Honda's Website!

I'm still trying to find out if the 6th gear is the same as our 5th, or is it actually a deeper overdrive.

Also, I really like the new seat and the gauge panel, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the chrome headers. (I like to spend more time riding my bike than cleaning it...)
 
Jim21680_imp said:
I'm still trying to find out if the 6th gear is the same as our 5th, or is it actually a deeper overdrive.

Also, I really like the new seat and the gauge panel, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the chrome headers. (I like to spend more time riding my bike than cleaning it...)
The 6th gear is an overdrive gear. 1 through 5 retain the same ratios as the 2013.
 
Perfect timing. I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of '13 red side covers, but I like the '14 DLX covers a lot better. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

That and a few farkles (rack & backrest) are about as far as I'm going to go in '14. Overall, I'm pretty darned happy with my '13 model.
 
You guys in the US are very fortunate, here the 2014 EX is likely to be around £10k i.e. about $16000 so I'd say you've done well even though you didn't get the spoke wheels!
 
I wish you guys hadn't put the photo on this thread... This whole thing is reminding me of what I went through a year ago, but this time it's even worse. I can't get the Deluxe out of my head. I lusted after my '13... but this one... WOW!
It's PERFECT!!!!!!! There is nothing on this machine that I don't like... I can't say that about the one I have.
 
Guth_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
$12k for the DLX model...

No cool two-tone wheels, no powdercoated engine, a lumpy tank, and no center stand. I'm not seeing the value here, aside from the improved exhaust.

If last year is any indicator, they should be at the local dealer in March.
The DLX model actually does retain the center stand. You can see it in the photo up on Honda's website.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DLX model actually does retain the center stand. You can see it in the photo up on Honda's website.


Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk
Well I'll be dipped in dogshit. I could have sworn I read that if you got the dual-exhaust setup it was at the expense of the center-stand. Or maybe that was the special edition we're not getting here?
 
(01-24-2014 09:52 PM)Guth Wrote:
Just look at the threads around this place a few weeks back. Collectively as a group, we still didn't know what might, or might not be headed our way this year as far as the CB1100 was concerned.

Also, it's one thing to be dissatisfied with a product, but to want a different product even more doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't happy with what they bought. We all have different preferences. For many, the 2013 model was the best thing going back when it was released. Now for some, the 2014 Deluxe model will supplant the 2013 offering as the bike that comes the closest to their ideal. That doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to understand. I hope that everyone out there who is pining for a 2014 model is able to find a way to make it happen. Especially if that means selling or trading in a 2013 model. The more CB1100s out there being ridden, the better.

Guth said it best above ....

I want to be clear, I really love my 2013, great motorcycle, not a thing wrong with it. I am just more attracted to the looks and features of the 2014 Deluxe that's all. I was able to make the trade without having to dip into my savings very much ( important when you are retired like me). Many of the physical attractions on the 2014 are changes many of you have made to your 2013s at considerable expense..seats, side covers, tanks, exhausts etc. the only changes I made to my 2013 were the little rubber end covers ( already on order for the 2014), a removable windshield which will fit the new one, soft luggage ( fits the new one) valve stem caps $2 and they are black so they will stay with the trade, grips will get moved to the new one, helmet lock will get moved to the new one, and battery tender pig tail which will get moved to the new one. So I will be out about $6 worth of changes I can't switch over.
 
On Stromtrooper.com there's an "Other Bikes" section. There's continual posts about the latest and greatest bikes being promoted by the motorcycling press.

One of the wiser forum members posted something to the effect of: "you can spend a lot of money buying new bikes, but you're going to find after a few weeks the new bike is delivering virtually the same thing the last bike did." He was a lot more poetic.

Personally I've always been victim to my own desire for "new stuff," be it cars, bikes, vaginas, etc. And usually a few weeks after I've signed up for another X years of payments (money or otherwise) I find myself thinking I probably would have been just as happy if I'd kept the last one. But I never do...

BTW: If I were to buy a 2014, I think I'd get the base model, regardless of price. The blacked-out engine with the contrasting bolt heads, the black wheels, etc. looks badass to me. That would make an outstanding starter bike for a café conversion.
 
I didn't think I would care to much for both new models, but after looking at what's coming down the pike, WRONG.... I even like the black which I didn't think would happen, I absolutely love my new 2013 that I bought a month ago, all I want or need to do is buy the old style matching side covers which are on order, and I want the deluxe seat which has a new old look to it which this bike is all about....maybe some cool gaiters....I admit I really wanted a 1976 CB 750 exact type of clone so I can relive my youth again. Ain't gonna happen and in a sense I'm glad it didn't. I'm keeping my eye out for a CB 750 in my area to buy and play with for kicks and giggles to satisfy that need (lust)....I'm excited that they are coming out with 2014's......who knows I might see a great deal on a used one a year or two down the road....I'm running out of room in my garage, me and the wife both like to park in the garage, on my side I've got three bikes, a nice riding mower, work bench, and room to park my van, if I get anymore bikes I will have to convince her to park outside......
 
Other than the 6 speed transmission, I really prefer the looks of the '13 model. With the torque spread this motor has, I'll probably opt for an extra tooth on the transmission sprocket and be a happy camper. Do not like the new seat or the twin silencers, hey, still a great bike whichever model one prefers.
 
While I am looking at the 2014 DLX, if a great deal on a 2013 with ABS presents itself, I might be swayed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
honda web says all CB have 6th gear
LPRoad_imp said:

I much prefer the look of my '13 CB, black paint on upper part engine and some black on wheels
The ferret_imp said:
(01-24-2014 09:52 PM)Guth Wrote:
Just look at the threads around this place a few weeks back. Collectively as a group, we still didn't know what might, or might not be headed our way this year as far as the CB1100 was concerned.

Also, it's one thing to be dissatisfied with a product, but to want a different product even more doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't happy with what they bought. We all have different preferences. For many, the 2013 model was the best thing going back when it was released. Now for some, the 2014 Deluxe model will supplant the 2013 offering as the bike that comes the closest to their ideal. That doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to understand. I hope that everyone out there who is pining for a 2014 model is able to find a way to make it happen. Especially if that means selling or trading in a 2013 model. The more CB1100s out there being ridden, the better.

Guth said it best above ....

I want to be clear, I really love my 2013, great motorcycle, not a thing wrong with it. I am just more attracted to the looks and features of the 2014 Deluxe that's all. I was able to make the trade without having to dip into my savings very much ( important when you are retired like me). Many of the physical attractions on the 2014 are changes many of you have made to your 2013s at considerable expense..seats, side covers, tanks, exhausts etc. the only changes I made to my 2013 were the little rubber end covers ( already on order for the 2014), a removable windshield which will fit the new one, soft luggage ( fits the new one) valve stem caps $2 and they are black so they will stay with the trade, grips will get moved to the new one, helmet lock will get moved to the new one, and battery tender pig tail which will get moved to the new one. So I will be out about $6 worth of changes I can't switch over.
i find it is funny, some person throw a hypothesis that there won't be a '14 model, the thread carries on for sometime. honda is very proud of the CB, very unlikely they stop selling it for one year
 
Thread starter
I like the looks of the 2013 too. In fact, they all look good, the DLX best IMHO (but I must have the black for my sidecar which I am glad for the new 2014 Standard model). I especially like the silver wheels and engine. However, the 6th overdrive gear trumps everything IMO!
 
cbdtran_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
honda web says all CB have 6th gear
LPRoad_imp said:

I much prefer the look of my '13 CB, black paint on upper part engine and some black on wheels
The ferret_imp said:
(01-24-2014 09:52 PM)Guth Wrote:
Just look at the threads around this place a few weeks back. Collectively as a group, we still didn't know what might, or might not be headed our way this year as far as the CB1100 was concerned.

Also, it's one thing to be dissatisfied with a product, but to want a different product even more doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't happy with what they bought. We all have different preferences. For many, the 2013 model was the best thing going back when it was released. Now for some, the 2014 Deluxe model will supplant the 2013 offering as the bike that comes the closest to their ideal. That doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to understand. I hope that everyone out there who is pining for a 2014 model is able to find a way to make it happen. Especially if that means selling or trading in a 2013 model. The more CB1100s out there being ridden, the better.

Guth said it best above ....

I want to be clear, I really love my 2013, great motorcycle, not a thing wrong with it. I am just more attracted to the looks and features of the 2014 Deluxe that's all. I was able to make the trade without having to dip into my savings very much ( important when you are retired like me). Many of the physical attractions on the 2014 are changes many of you have made to your 2013s at considerable expense..seats, side covers, tanks, exhausts etc. the only changes I made to my 2013 were the little rubber end covers ( already on order for the 2014), a removable windshield which will fit the new one, soft luggage ( fits the new one) valve stem caps $2 and they are black so they will stay with the trade, grips will get moved to the new one, helmet lock will get moved to the new one, and battery tender pig tail which will get moved to the new one. So I will be out about $6 worth of changes I can't switch over.
i find it is funny, some person throw a hypothesis that there won't be a '14 model, the thread carries on for sometime. honda is very proud of the CB, very unlikely they stop selling it for one year

It is my opinion that this was an 11th hour decision by American Honda. They also reversed themselves on the Interceptor for this year, which the press reported them saying they had no plans to bring it to the U.S. Probably has to do with the giant increase in sales/income Honda had last quarter -- they can afford to gamble a little again.
 
The ferret_imp said:
(01-24-2014 09:52 PM)Guth Wrote:
Just look at the threads around this place a few weeks back. Collectively as a group, we still didn't know what might, or might not be headed our way this year as far as the CB1100 was concerned.

Also, it's one thing to be dissatisfied with a product, but to want a different product even more doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't happy with what they bought. We all have different preferences. For many, the 2013 model was the best thing going back when it was released. Now for some, the 2014 Deluxe model will supplant the 2013 offering as the bike that comes the closest to their ideal. That doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to understand. I hope that everyone out there who is pining for a 2014 model is able to find a way to make it happen. Especially if that means selling or trading in a 2013 model. The more CB1100s out there being ridden, the better.

Guth said it best above ....

I want to be clear, I really love my 2013, great motorcycle, not a thing wrong with it. I am just more attracted to the looks and features of the 2014 Deluxe that's all. I was able to make the trade without having to dip into my savings very much ( important when you are retired like me). Many of the physical attractions on the 2014 are changes many of you have made to your 2013s at considerable expense..seats, side covers, tanks, exhausts etc. the only changes I made to my 2013 were the little rubber end covers ( already on order for the 2014), a removable windshield which will fit the new one, soft luggage ( fits the new one) valve stem caps $2 and they are black so they will stay with the trade, grips will get moved to the new one, helmet lock will get moved to the new one, and battery tender pig tail which will get moved to the new one. So I will be out about $6 worth of changes I can't switch over.
Ferret, I know you said you were pleased with the deal... and that you traded in two bikes for the new one. But do you think you we're given a good price for your '13
and/or a good price, relative to sticker, on the '14? In other words, without the 2nd trade, would the spread have been 'about' what's been bantered about elsewhere on the forum? Also... How many miles were on your trade? And did you have to turn in your '13 now, or will you do that when you take delivery on the new one? I'm going to trade in mine, but was planning on waiting until the new ones arrived. However, 'maybe' it would make sense to do it now...before they arrive. Thoughts?
 
jimigalahad_imp said:
I hope the Interceptor sells well and sticks around. I might be in the market in a few years to add it to the stable.
That would be very cool. I would never have expected old names like "Interceptor" and "CB1100" would still be around after all these years.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std

Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well


***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****



It's PERFECT!!!!:worship:
 
ride4now_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std

Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well


***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****



It's PERFECT!!!!:worship:

How does that song by Alabama go? "It's close enough to perfect ... For me"
 
Back
Top