davidsargee_imp
Been there
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats on the 2014!
The 2014 does resemble the KZ, particularly the aluminum engine and 4 into 2's. Makes sense, I can see why you are drawn to it.

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The ferret_imp said:

The ferret_imp said:You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std
Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well
***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****

What? Have you bought another motorcycle?The ferret_imp said:Deanohh, my dealer is a Honda/Yamaha dealer and he has 5 FZ-09s on the floor including the orange one (which IS very cool btw) however, he has yet to sell one. He has sold 5 CB's including the one I bought today. My nephew was interested in one of the FZ-09's until he saw it in person, then he thought it looked cheap and passed on it. My son would like to trade his 04 FZ-1 in on an FZ-09, but having a baby 17 months ago and having just built a house he's going to have to live with his FZ-1 and his orange Ducati Monster for awhile.
What? Have you bought another motorcycle?OldF7Guy_imp said:What? Have you bought another motorcycle?The ferret_imp said:Deanohh, my dealer is a Honda/Yamaha dealer and he has 5 FZ-09s on the floor including the orange one (which IS very cool btw) however, he has yet to sell one. He has sold 5 CB's including the one I bought today. My nephew was interested in one of the FZ-09's until he saw it in person, then he thought it looked cheap and passed on it. My son would like to trade his 04 FZ-1 in on an FZ-09, but having a baby 17 months ago and having just built a house he's going to have to live with his FZ-1 and his orange Ducati Monster for awhile.
Some people can't help themselves.The ferret_imp said:Well not sure if i am the first, but I believe I've worked out a deal with my dealer on a 14 Deluxe. Just need to discuss with Mrs Ferret tonight. She already said ok by text, just need to go over the details with her. Projected delivery date March 27 th.
It is crazy expensive..almost as much as a 14 VFR 800, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
It is about 20 pounds heavy, but its still 150 pounds less than my ST

Wow. Congrats. :clap: Are you trading in your 13 or selling out right?The ferret_imp said:Yep, an 014 Deluxe
Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
Cant wait to see it and hear what you think of it. Its one sure way to keep from having buy a set of tires for the 13.The ferret_imp said:Trading. See my previous post.
:rofl:Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?The ferret_imp said:Yep, an 014 Deluxe
Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?Cormanus_imp said:Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?The ferret_imp said:Yep, an 014 Deluxe
Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
I'll second that. 2014s look great, but there's just something about the look of the 2013 model I'm drawn to. I'm still happy with my purchase and don't regret not waiting to see if the 2014 came out. Maybe I'll. consider a 2016 if they come in white.davidsargee_imp said:Actually, I do like the new models, they are very nice. I could live with either of them happily. But....I really like my 2013 a lot, and I can't justify the bath involved in a trade in at this point. I think I am going to wait for the cafe version in a couple of years. Or a CBX? We all can dream.![]()