2014 CB1100 Now On Honda's Website!

Deanohh, my dealer is a Honda/Yamaha dealer and he has 5 FZ-09s on the floor including the orange one (which IS very cool btw) however, he has yet to sell one. He has sold 5 CB's including the one I bought today. My nephew was interested in one of the FZ-09's until he saw it in person, then he thought it looked cheap and passed on it. My son would like to trade his 04 FZ-1 in on an FZ-09, but having a baby 17 months ago and having just built a house he's going to have to live with his FZ-1 and his orange Ducati Monster for awhile.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std

Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well


***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****



There is an ominous little disclaimer stating "European model shown", might want to make sure about that aluminum engine.
 
It does look nice, but I'm in no hurry as I just got my 2013 and waiting for some good weather. Maybe even better things come in 2015, blue and spokes, please.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Actually, I do like the new models, they are very nice. I could live with either of them happily. But....I really like my 2013 a lot, and I can't justify the bath involved in a trade in at this point. I think I am going to wait for the cafe version in a couple of years. Or a CBX? We all can dream. :D
 
Bike owner: look at these fenders. They look cheap. And the seat....looks cheap. And the bars.....cheap. And the exhaust....looks cheap. All the plastic stuff.... Really looks cheap

Friend: Well why did you buy it then?

Bike owner: It was cheap!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Deanohh, my dealer is a Honda/Yamaha dealer and he has 5 FZ-09s on the floor including the orange one (which IS very cool btw) however, he has yet to sell one. He has sold 5 CB's including the one I bought today. My nephew was interested in one of the FZ-09's until he saw it in person, then he thought it looked cheap and passed on it. My son would like to trade his 04 FZ-1 in on an FZ-09, but having a baby 17 months ago and having just built a house he's going to have to live with his FZ-1 and his orange Ducati Monster for awhile.
What? Have you bought another motorcycle?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Deanohh, my dealer is a Honda/Yamaha dealer and he has 5 FZ-09s on the floor including the orange one (which IS very cool btw) however, he has yet to sell one. He has sold 5 CB's including the one I bought today. My nephew was interested in one of the FZ-09's until he saw it in person, then he thought it looked cheap and passed on it. My son would like to trade his 04 FZ-1 in on an FZ-09, but having a baby 17 months ago and having just built a house he's going to have to live with his FZ-1 and his orange Ducati Monster for awhile.
What? Have you bought another motorcycle?
What? Have you bought another motorcycle?
Yep! See page 3 of this thread—

The ferret_imp said:
Well not sure if i am the first, but I believe I've worked out a deal with my dealer on a 14 Deluxe. Just need to discuss with Mrs Ferret tonight. She already said ok by text, just need to go over the details with her. Projected delivery date March 27 th.

It is crazy expensive..almost as much as a 14 VFR 800, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

It is about 20 pounds heavy, but its still 150 pounds less than my ST
Some people can't help themselves. :)

Are you trading or selling the 2013, Ferret?
 
Yep, an 014 Deluxe

Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, an 014 Deluxe

Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
Wow. Congrats. :clap: Are you trading in your 13 or selling out right?
 
Trading. See my previous post.
 
Thread starter
I am SO GLAD I waited for a 2014 because I was hoping black would be an available color and the wait paid off. The only problem is the wheels. I need silver wheels because the solid black wheels wouldn't look right next to my chrome sidecar wheel.

I am not willing to fork out the big bucks for chrome wheels so I am considering having the wheels bright powder coated but I was wondering if any of you would know about, or have any experience stripping paint and polishing aluminum wheels. They wouldn't be chrome but they would look better than black. I would appreciate any helpful comments. Thanks!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, an 014 Deluxe

Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, an 014 Deluxe

Cormanus...trading the '13 in. Dealer was hot to have it. Also traded in my 400 Majesty he wanted it too. I'm happy with the deal.
Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?
Well done, mate. We're all looking forward to hearing about it. Another red one, or do they come only in black?
Pretty sure the one he is getting is only in Red. I tell you that would be a good one to get because I know for a fact it has not been abused what so ever and taken care of. The good part of these new ones coming out is that there is going to be some good 13's on the market now.
 
The Deluxe only comes in candy red which I love.

The std. Comes in graphite black.
 
davidsargee_imp said:
Actually, I do like the new models, they are very nice. I could live with either of them happily. But....I really like my 2013 a lot, and I can't justify the bath involved in a trade in at this point. I think I am going to wait for the cafe version in a couple of years. Or a CBX? We all can dream. :D
I'll second that. 2014s look great, but there's just something about the look of the 2013 model I'm drawn to. I'm still happy with my purchase and don't regret not waiting to see if the 2014 came out. Maybe I'll. consider a 2016 if they come in white.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
In regards to the turn signals...I'd be willing to bet that they will be the same ones we have now. It's all about the DOT and what they require so Honda has to do what they're told in that respect.

And that Canadian blue?!?!? AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

d12e20dd88ad3162851803b9019dc17f.png
 
Back
Top