2014 CB1100 Now On Honda's Website!

Both the base black and the dlx red look great. Cropped black rear fender with matching black front on the basic and I'd be super happy. The DLX looks great too, especially that seat and all silver engine. Smaller signals is a plus. Bar ends are a nice touch. Wonder if I'm going to like the bigger tank and higher headlight in person. I'll have to stay happy with my old 2013 though.
 
I notice on Honda's site that the photos shown for the black standard model indicate "European ABS Model Shown". It will be interesting to see if this simply means that only the calipers are different than what will be arriving in the States, or if there will be other visual differences.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Yes, both have 6 speed trans
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Do any of you guys remember an aftermarket 4 into 4 stainless exhaust? I believe I saw it a few months ago.
Buffalohead, I saw this on YouTube recently:
. I can't remember whether the link was on this site or I stumbled on it by accident—I think the latter. The website of the manufacturer is http://www.pipemasters.net/sports-motorcycle-exhausts.html.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
Yes, both have 6 speed trans
I thought the specs indicated that as well but I wanted another opinion before I celebrated! The 6th gear alone is worth the extra $400 above the 2013 price. Thanks!
Cormanus_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Do any of you guys remember an aftermarket 4 into 4 stainless exhaust? I believe I saw it a few months ago.
Buffalohead, I saw this on YouTube recently:
. I can't remember whether the link was on this site or I stumbled on it by accident—I think the latter. The website of the manufacturer is http://www.pipemasters.net/sports-motorcycle-exhausts.html.

Cheers
Buffalohead, I saw this on YouTube recently:
. I can't remember whether the link was on this site or I stumbled on it by accident—I think the latter. The website of the manufacturer is http://www.pipemasters.net/sports-motorcycle-exhausts.html.

Cheers
I did see it on this site months ago. Someone posted the link to Youtube. Thanks much for the info!
 
Its impossible to please everyone but I like the mag wheels, blacked out motor and red paint. Love the dual exhaust on the fancy model too. Once these start selling I bet a bunch of people will be swapping tanks and everything else. Everybody has their own preference.
 
This may have already been asked, but I wonder when the 4 into 2 exhaust will be available for purchase? This is going to be my next upgrade.

Kevin

2013 Honda CB 1100
2013 Honda CBR 500
 
I had practically talked myself out of a CB1100 purchase and was relegating myself to riding my old motorcycle I currently own but MAN that DLX is going to be HARD to resist!!!! Almost feels sorta like a once in a lifetime opportunity kind of thing! Mostly being that it just ticks so many boxes for me personally and I just never thought this type of motorcycle was ever going to be built again. Now we've got 3 different bikes! Very exciting times for the CB1100!:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Do any of you guys remember an aftermarket 4 into 4 stainless exhaust? I believe I saw it a few months ago.
Buffalohead, I saw this on YouTube recently:
. I can't remember whether the link was on this site or I stumbled on it by accident—I think the latter. The website of the manufacturer is http://www.pipemasters.net/sports-motorcycle-exhausts.html.

Cheers
Buffalohead, I saw this on YouTube recently:
. I can't remember whether the link was on this site or I stumbled on it by accident—I think the latter. The website of the manufacturer is http://www.pipemasters.net/sports-motorcycle-exhausts.html.

Cheers
Concerning the 4 into 4 exhaust, I finally found the original post with the YouTube link (for anyone who is interested). I found it under "Accessories and Modifications" on page 20. The thread is Pipemaster 4 into 4. Thanks!
Lambotte_imp said:
This may have already been asked, but I wonder when the 4 into 2 exhaust will be available for purchase? This is going to be my next upgrade.

Kevin

2013 Honda CB 1100
2013 Honda CBR 500
I'm sure it won't be cheap! Sure will be tempting, though!
 
Hmmm....I'm thinking retro fit 2014 blinkers on my 2013. I bet honda stiffened up the rear shocks on the deluxe due to extra weight. I'm going to find out if the part numbers are the same. Depending on $$$ might have to upgrade the rear shocks as well. Would like to keep the stock retro shock look on there w/o having to drop 1200.00 on Ohlins. Dig the silver engine and wheels. the 6th gear not important to me but use this bike for local jaunts around town and seldom at interstate speeds.
Very cool cant wait to see it the flesh and test drive one.:biker:
 
Deanohh_imp said:
I want to get one of those transparent brake pedals and front fender brackets.

Those are trick. Had to do something to keep the weight in check. Lol
 
Been a while since I posted. Almost gave up on Honda giving me a CB I could buy. Well, I think maybe they finally got me. This DLX looks pretty sweet. A bit pricey, heavy and not exactly the color I wanted but, wow, it sure is pretty. The CB was always pretty, but matching side covers, silver engine and wheels and a sixth gear etc. puts it over the top.

I guess I better start saving up!
 
Thread starter
I don't think the DLX is over priced at all. $400 price increase (as with the Standard model) is expected for a new year model. $1000 for ABS (as before). That leaves $500 to cover the new exhaust, bigger tank, stitched seat and extra 6th gear. I think the price is as reasonable as the $9999 for the original 2013. IMHO, it's justified.
 
Rolls_imp said:
The Canadian 2014 blue certainly appears to be a different (lighter) shade than Randy B's Japanese tank.
I like the dark gray side covers on the 2014 Canadian model. A nice compromise between the bright silver ones on the 2013 and fully black ones.
Your calculations sound correct, Buffalo. I agree, a very good value considering all the new goodies you get for the small bump in price.
 
It will all play out according to what people are willing to pay for. There are many excellent bikes in the same price range.

and though they may be buying market share for now. When you see the new $7990 FZ9 triple in orange, it is spectacular.
 
Back
Top