2014 CB1100 Now On Honda's Website!

AzBob_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
Wow, just noticed this: The 2104 improved Interceptor is coming to the US! Love this! Could be a replacement for any number of bikes in my stable:

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/interceptor.aspx
I am likewise surprised since they said in November that they were NOT bringing it to the US. More V4's. Woot.
Why is the DLX 30lbs heavier?
I'd say it's the exhaust. The stock cans are heavy times 2.

I like the silver motor choice, I hope they clear coated it. If they did I might get one and convert it all over.
 
570 pounds is approaching or just over the danger zone for what should be an approachable, nimble, standard motorbike. I understand that the CB11 is a solid piece of quality engineering, but that's pretty portly.
 
That extra weight would appear to be somewhat of a catch-22. In some of the testing of the EX model that came out of Europe, while the range increased due to the larger tank, the gain in fuel efficiency that should have resulted from the sixth gear was negated by the extra weight.

The 2014 standard model on the other hand should see an increase in fuel efficiency due to the addition of the 6th gear (I'm assuming both models will get the extra gear) without the additional weight.

Still, if I were drawn to the 2014 DLX model, I doubt that the extra weight would scare me off. I'd simply ask the dealer if I could wheel the bike around in the showroom or parking lot to get a feel for how much difference it makes in moving the bike around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well not sure if i am the first, but I believe I've worked out a deal with my dealer on a 14 Deluxe. Just need to discuss with Mrs Ferret tonight. She already said ok by text, just need to go over the details with her. Projected delivery date March 27 th.

It is crazy expensive..almost as much as a 14 VFR 800, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

It is about 20 pounds heavy, but its still 150 pounds less than my ST
 
I would think most of the extra weight is from the exhaust, down low. Maybe not such a bad thing. It matters not to me...I am SO getting one! Woo Hoo!:excited:
 
Well alright! The race is now on to see who posts up first with pictures of their 2014 DLX and 2014 Standard models.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std

Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well


***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****

 
I had to google canuckistan.... Lol very funny
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well not sure if i am the first, but I believe I've worked out a deal with my dealer on a 14 Deluxe. Just need to discuss with Mrs Ferret tonight. She already said ok by text, just need to go over the details with her. Projected delivery date March 27 th.

It is crazy expensive..almost as much as a 14 VFR 800, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

It is about 20 pounds heavy, but its still 150 pounds less than my ST
Holy WOW, Congrats. That's awesome!
Let me know if your motor is clearcoated, I like the silver.
 
Yea i like the silver too. I always said the CB 1100 reminded me of my favorite bike of all time, my 77 KZ 1000B. The 2014, even more so.

 
I think I'm relieved not to have to make the choice, although I suspect I'd be sticking with the 2011 CB I have.

BTW, the engine on the Australian models has always been silver.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
You really get a lot on the 14 deluxe over the 13 std

Same beautiful red paint in a slightly larger tank
Matching side covers
Retro looking patterned seat
Smaller turn signals
6 speed with over drive
Gear position indicator
Fuel computer
Silver engine
Silver wheels
Repositioned headlight 1" higher
New gauges with wide chrome bands
Chrome bar end weights
ABS
I've read the bars are 1" higher as well, but can't verify
** and in the picture it looks like passenger grab rails are chromed as well


***** Oooh ooh forgot the beautiful 4 into 2 upswept exhaust with double walled chrome headers ****


Ferrett,
Is the 6th gear an overdrive gear for sure? I didn't know if the ratio specs are posted anywhere yet. I was hoping the 6th gear isn't the same ratio as the 5th gear on the 2013 with the other 5 gears spaced accordingly.
 
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Yes first 5 gears are exactly the same as 13, new 6 th is an overdrive
Woo Hoo! Now, does the black Standard model come with the 6 speed for sure? The ambiguous spec sheet makes me wonder.
 
Back
Top