2014 CB1100 DLX - Fairing & Rear Carrier Pics

kballowe_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just a couple pics to show off the Road Comet II fairing and the Genuine Honda Rear Carrier.

These items were purchased from Samurider. Note that if you are installing this carrier on a Deluxe, then the installation instructions are different. The rack didn't come with instructions, so I downloaded them from the web.

The rear carrier is very well made and appears very heavy duty (genuine Honda).

The fairing arrived already color matched, along with that stripe. The plastic and paint work are first rate. Very very happy with it.

For a Deluxe - the rear of the rack will need to be mounted in the top hole on the new (supplied) brackets and thru to the frame. Otherwise, the rack will hit the tail light. It's an angle issue, but only on the Deluxe.

You'll need an extra pair of hands.

I'm assuming that this is much easier installation on a Standard. I found some posts here with instructions and pictures, but this install was different - being a Deluxe.
.
.
9753a23b8c3bf243e0d1ecde0bd50b6a.jpg

3e796600cdf17db87133c792f5b9bf9c.jpg

74db7b837e3e0e48e2f86a6dd76c2c08.jpg

.
.
We had -2 degrees this morning - and freezing rain and snow over the weekend, so I'm not going to get to test out these mods anytime soon
.
In the mean time - the wife has me painting the entire house. I got that done (ceilings, too) with 12 gallons of paint,
so she decided that we needed new carpet.

Hrrrrrmph.

I'm going much slower on THIS honey-do !!!
.
.
7651bfeff959dca70bfa53e45753056b.jpg

cb481da0df832205134cb07c0ceb0df1.jpg
 
Fairing and rack look great.

But 12 gallons of paint? Good night that's a lot of painting.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Fairing and rack look great.

But 12 gallons of paint? Good night that's a lot of painting.
Thanks !

Paint ? Yeah - little house, too....... but those popcorn ceilings really soak up the paint, though.
 
Bike and walls are looking good kballowe.

I refuse ever to paint another ceiling unless someone buys me a masseuse to straighten my ... er ... neck at regular intervals. Walls and trim. No problem. Prep? Blech
 
Quote:I'm assuming that this is much easier installation on a Standard.
"Not Even". Put socks on the turn signals, line the spacers up, keep them lined up while holding the thing in place while wrenching things tight, bend the stalks every once in a while while not scratching the black finish on those grab bars with your wrench and holding your mouth right at the same time and don't drop that nut you are holding on the inside of the rail with your finger and when you do stop and search the garage floor with a flashlight for awhile and then resume this "easier installation" again.:)
 
Thread starter
NightRider_imp said:
Quote:I'm assuming that this is much easier installation on a Standard.
"Not Even". Put socks on the turn signals, line the spacers up, keep them lined up while holding the thing in place while wrenching things tight, bend the stalks every once in a while while not scratching the black finish on those grab bars with your wrench and holding your mouth right at the same time and don't drop that nut you are holding on the inside of the rail with your finger and when you do stop and search the garage floor with a flashlight for awhile and then resume this "easier installation" again.:)
"Not Even". Put socks on the turn signals, line the spacers up, keep them lined up while holding the thing in place while wrenching things tight, bend the stalks every once in a while while not scratching the black finish on those grab bars with your wrench and holding your mouth right at the same time and don't drop that nut you are holding on the inside of the rail with your finger and when you do stop and search the garage floor with a flashlight for awhile and then resume this "easier installation" again.:)
hahahahahaha - yep, it's like that, isn't it? What a PITA. And don't forget the spacer on the inside of the frame, or you'll never get a wrench in there.

On this Deluxe, some of the spacers, and two of the bolts came out of my "magic bits bin", and there was even a hacksaw involved in this operation. Oh, they supplied nice hardware, but some of it just didn't work out. Now I have MORE bits in that magic bin.

TAPED everything up with that blue painter's tape (two layers) before starting. Old towels over everything else that could possibly get scratched, dinged, or dented. There are people that are REALLY good at this.... but the rest of us simply tape, tape, tape.

:D
 
Reading this post, I am now glad paying my Honda dealer $150 to install my OEM rear carrier rack and engine guards on my new CB standard. I was reluctant to pay that much, but I listed to my wife for a change who told me to pay it. I am not the worst one for turning wrenches, but far from the best. Knowing myself, I would have tried to install the rack without help resulting into a real fubr. (Moderator, did I just break a forum rule?) If I had to look at one scratch I caused on my new CB, I would be perturbed for a long time.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Reading this post, I am now glad paying my Honda dealer $150 to install my OEM rear carrier rack and engine guards on my new CB standard. I was reluctant to pay that much, but I listed to my wife for a change who told me to pay it. I am not the worst one for turning wrenches, but far from the best. Knowing myself, I would have tried to install the rack without help resulting into a real fubr. (Moderator, did I just break a forum rule?) If I had to look at one scratch I caused on my new CB, I would be perturbed for a long time.
As I can only guess what a 'fubr' might be, probably no rules broken. If, however, it's what I think, don't write it in full or the Ferret will be after you.
 
It was used in a movie with stallone and curt russle with a big dog in it I believe. Yea, you can abbreviate it, thats acceptable.
 
Either acronym is fine.
 
Thread starter
letsjet_imp said:
Which windshield option did you get on that Road Comet 2 fairing? Bike looks great, I'm going for that same look ;)
I got the "smoked"
.
.
If anyone knows where I can get the "touring" windscreen - please to point me in that direction.
 
Email Mr. T at contact@samurider.com

Keep in mind that a note on his site says they are out on holiday from the 29th to 3 Jan.
 
Back
Top