2014 CB not on the road, but looking good.

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Moved the bike over by the citrus trees so I could do some woodworking, evening light inspired me to shoot it. Nikon D500, Sigma 100mm F1.4 (beast of a lens and gives me killer puppy shots :) ).

 
That CB wants to gallop!

RE citrus trees: We suck up here. Won't see fruit that size on trees until around July. But, what's goin' on in AZ in July? :)
 
Killer shot Rboe. Hey one of those muffler guards would likely hide that ding in the pipe.
 
Needs RLETs. But, seriously, great shot, Rboe.

I think I can see a battery pig tail near the rear fender. What's the other wire hanging out from under the seat?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Needs RLETs. But, seriously, great shot, Rboe.

I think I can see a battery pig tail near the rear fender. What's the other wire hanging out from under the seat?
Rboe of AZ: Please don't say to plug in the electric heater jacket. :P
 
Thread starter
Yup. Heated gear. Mornings can be below freezing in the winter. Heated gear means I don't need to be over stuffed in winter clothes.

Summer is brutal, I'm beyond wanting to move out of here.

I took a similar shot with my Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 lens. I prefer the Sigma results. It was fun to shoot, the light just popped and I had get the shot. Hardest thing: getting my dog out of the shot. :D
 
So are winters in Colorado worse or summers in Arizona. I'd vote for summers in CO are worse.
 
The nice thing about southern Ohio, we have 4 seasons but generally winter and summer are not extreme, like further north or further south. I have ridden every month of the year for 12 or 13 years now.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The nice thing about southern Ohio, we have 4 seasons but generally winter and summer are not extreme, like further north or further south. I have ridden every month of the year for 12 or 13 years now.
There is truth in that statement.

I will add, spring and fall are shortened seasons on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Winters are strong, but strangely (being north of Ohio), summers are very painful too. They are likened to Florida/Georgia summers.

Between AZ and GA summers, personally I would pick AZ.
 
you took a tripot ?
and
better smaller pic but with max allowed 250kb (here in the forum) and after that sharpen a little bit
 
Rboe_imp said:
Moved the bike over by the citrus trees so I could do some woodworking, evening light inspired me to shoot it. Nikon D500, Sigma 100mm F1.4 (beast of a lens and gives me killer puppy shots :) ).
I like this pic = :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Stock tires, need to replace them in March.

Goldie has a dang good eye for detail. :worship:

I have yet to figure out how to do nice photo's on this site. I'm used to having options for pixel X pixel and file size.
 
Rboe, use a photo hosting site.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The nice thing about southern Ohio, we have 4 seasons but generally winter and summer are not extreme, like further north or further south. I have ridden every month of the year for 12 or 13 years now.
There is truth in that statement.

I will add, spring and fall are shortened seasons on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Winters are strong, but strangely (being north of Ohio), summers are very painful too. They are likened to Florida/Georgia summers.

Between AZ and GA summers, personally I would pick AZ.
Tough call. GA has more humidity, but the desert temps can reach 120F (nearly 49C).

My simple solution to summer is to ride (or fly) in a northerly direction until it cools off. :P
 
Flynrider_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The nice thing about southern Ohio, we have 4 seasons but generally winter and summer are not extreme, like further north or further south. I have ridden every month of the year for 12 or 13 years now.
There is truth in that statement.

I will add, spring and fall are shortened seasons on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Winters are strong, but strangely (being north of Ohio), summers are very painful too. They are likened to Florida/Georgia summers.

Between AZ and GA summers, personally I would pick AZ.
Tough call. GA has more humidity, but the desert temps can reach 120F (nearly 49C).

My simple solution to summer is to ride (or fly) in a northerly direction until it cools off. :P
Tough call. GA has more humidity, but the desert temps can reach 120F (nearly 49C).

My simple solution to summer is to ride (or fly) in a northerly direction until it cools off. :P
Heh, heh. If you are going north via Ontario, that ride would take you to James Bay (and that is just sick).
 
Rboe_imp said:
Stock tires, need to replace them in March.

Goldie has a dang good eye for detail. :worship:

I have yet to figure out how to do nice photo's on this site. I'm used to having options for pixel X pixel and file size.
Nikon Capture NX-D

Software | Nikon USA


and with a tripod you could take the better cam-settings if you want use such a long lense...
 
Back
Top