2014 BMW R NineT

_imp said:
I saw a strange thing at my Krogers today.A motorcycle.
Like I'm about the only person who takes their bike to Krogers
during the summer.Today a BMW 1150 RS was parked.I was
hoping to catch the rider as I was entering the store.I did.
He was just walking out the automated doors as I was entering.
It was an old man.Had his helmut on and like rain gear.Matching
yellow helmut and riding gear.He was older than me.
Cool story, bro!:dodgy:

Helmut? Really? :rolleyes:
 
Tortuga ... Foolardi is no longer a forum member. He was something else.
 
I rode a 1976 BMW R90S for many years. A true sport tourer if ever there was one. I like the basic concept of the RnineT but have a couple of negative comments after sitting on one: It looks like the same spoked wheels are being used as the Griso. They have o-rings on the spokes where they fit the rim. Good luck when one starts leaking. BMW's like the GS1200 have the spokes on the outside of the rim - much better idea. The RnineT has a mediocre seat. I would like to see if a R90S seat could be retro-fitted. It would be more comfortable AND look better. Last is that my R90S had aftermarket removable side cases (which I still have). BMW should consider swapping a tail section that looks like the R90S and will accommodate sidecases.
 
Hope you enjoy it Ack! Someone that lives along the route I typically take to work apparently bought one of these recently as I've seen it parked there a couple of times now. At a glance, it looks better in the flesh than it does in the photos.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Guth,
That's what a ton of people have written about. It's amazing because the pictures are beautiful.
Having not even seen one in person yet, I like hearing that.
I'm decking mine out for dirt roads..........so much for the shine.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Are you going to put knobbies on it for those dirt roads? I bet it'd look cool with a set.
My plan exactly, a 180 TKC80 for the back. Tires and a ECU remap and that's it for this year.
It does look cool:

 
I just cannot get used to looking at modern bike with no shocks on the rear axel. Yes, I know the mono-shock is located under the seat, but I still don't like the way it looks...unstable and hanging out in the air.
 
Not your grand father's or father's BMW. Looks cool to me but not my cup of tea to buy. I'll stick with the CB and current BMW.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Is it here yet? How about now?
The drop-off is suppose to be next Wed:D They are having trouble finding the tires though :huh:. I found a pair if they can't :D

Also, they won't do the ECU untill at least 1000 miles are on it??
 
*inserts comment about looking for the tires on the wheels*

I wonder if the 1000 mile req. is to break in the bike more gently than a flashed ECU can.
 
Is there anywhere on the island to ride off road.
 
Back
Top