2014 BMW R NineT

The ferret_imp said:
Is there anywhere on the island to ride off road.
It's about the same as the tire rating 60/40. 60% on and 40% off. The paved roads are nasty, full of holes and always covered with sand. We have endless flat dirt roads on land bank property that are fun to ride.
The bike won't be the greatest on or off road between the mismatched tires and suspension. It should be just OK on either and I'll have alot more riding open to me. It will slow me down a bit on the road too!
I always likes that motor and love the shaft drive. This is the last model with that motor so I'm in.

And for even more salt: I can outlaw it on the beach too, cars allowed but no bikes.

I'll post some cool shots from the off-road parts of the island, hopefuly next weekend!!!
 
lola_imp said:
GaryRudolph_imp said:
I like it, but don't think it'll replace the CB.

If I had gotten the Griso, I would have had buyers remorse and wanted this. But, I personally think they could have gone a bit more retro with it. This is more of a "modern reinterpretation".

It does have similarities but I like the look of the beemer more than the Griso. to bad they did not use the new water cooled engine on this BMW.

It does have similarities but I like the look of the beemer more than the Griso. to bad they did not use the new water cooled engine on this BMW.
So this engine is a more mature design? That's good. New engines take some time for BMW to figure out. Some early S1000RRs somehow had large grenades substituted for the engines.
 
DAC_imp said:
lola_imp said:
GaryRudolph_imp said:
I like it, but don't think it'll replace the CB.

If I had gotten the Griso, I would have had buyers remorse and wanted this. But, I personally think they could have gone a bit more retro with it. This is more of a "modern reinterpretation".

It does have similarities but I like the look of the beemer more than the Griso. to bad they did not use the new water cooled engine on this BMW.

It does have similarities but I like the look of the beemer more than the Griso. to bad they did not use the new water cooled engine on this BMW.
So this engine is a more mature design? That's good. New engines take some time for BMW to figure out. Some early S1000RRs somehow had large grenades substituted for the engines.
Since 1923, this model is considered the 90th anniversary model for the motor.
They've gone to liqiud cooling and a wet clutch for all the other R-models now.
It only has the S1000R's front forks and brakes. :D
 
It's not all roses in BMW land. This helps a little with the damage I know will happen on the dirt.
My next bike is going to have a silver motor!
An ADV member wrote:

"My concern is with the quality of build.
Not just the R9T, but with BMW in general these days.
My local dealer has an R9T demo bike.
I saw it when it was first registered, glistening in the sun, looking every inch a premium motorcycle.
I saw it again yesterday, and it is looking decidedly tired.
The engine paint is fading, and actually coming off the front of the engine.
It's only a few months old, but despite having just been valeted, the bike looked VERY second hand.
I was genuinely shocked that in terms of longevity of finish, it didn't even come close to my 15 year old R1200C.
It is still a great bike in every other way though.
Such a pity BMW are so clearly cutting corners in the finish dept."
 
Ack, when you do manage to take delivery of your R Nine T, please be sure to start a new thread on the (your) bike.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
You live on a island no bigger than a walmart super store how could you not be home to get your bike ?? Lol
I didn't have a headlight bucket in time for the CB.
They won't take my bike untill it's all together. I offered to pay the labor for them to put it on and give them my new take-off tires, no deal! So I'm missing the drop-off today and it might be a couple more weeks now before they get back to the cape.
Popgun is sending me one today, I might have to borrow a truck and make a day out of it.
This place is nice untill you have to go somewhere!
Guth_imp said:
Ack, when you do manage to take delivery of your R Nine T, please be sure to start a new thread on the (your) bike.
OK, soon I hope.....with pictures of her pre-dirt.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I hope you get it soon! I would keep my take off tires !!
I figured the dealer would love a free set for 15min labor to get the deal done? Nope!

One on each arm, off I go...........:biker:
 
I bet for the sake of customer safety that there are strict rules as to the sourcing of tires, even though all involved would know they were brand new.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
I bet for the sake of customer safety that there are strict rules as to the sourcing of tires, even though all involved would know they were brand new.
That makes sense, I bet your right.
 
Our honda & Harley shops keep lots of pull offs. Tons of 4 wheeler tires also. They sell them as new for spares etc lots of 4 wheeler people but the SS chrome wheels and tires and just leave the brand new stock wheels and tires at the dealers! But a headlight bucket 2 bolts plug in a few wires for a new set of tires!! CRAZY!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Our honda & Harley shops keep lots of pull offs. Tons of 4 wheeler tires also. They sell them as new for spares etc lots of 4 wheeler people but the SS chrome wheels and tires and just leave the brand new stock wheels and tires at the dealers! But a headlight bucket 2 bolts plug in a few wires for a new set of tires!! CRAZY!
Right?
I even offered to pay the install labor if they wanted, along with the new free tires!
Oh Well.........next trip I'm in.
 
Back
Top