2014 BMW R NineT

As I've seen pointed out elsewhere, this bike reminds me a lot of the Moto Guzzi Griso.

2b80f0f46fcfa4b5b217691d57b05fe7.jpg


9606412c6b962814edde7669514b56aa.jpg
 
I like it, but don't think it'll replace the CB.

If I had gotten the Griso, I would have had buyers remorse and wanted this. But, I personally think they could have gone a bit more retro with it. This is more of a "modern reinterpretation".
 
Thread starter
GaryRudolph_imp said:
I like it, but don't think it'll replace the CB.

If I had gotten the Griso, I would have had buyers remorse and wanted this. But, I personally think they could have gone a bit more retro with it. This is more of a "modern reinterpretation".

It does have similarities but I like the look of the beemer more than the Griso. to bad they did not use the new water cooled engine on this BMW.
 
It does look like the Griso. Of course, at least around here, you've got a lot more support from dealers etc. with a Bimmer than a Goose.

The good news is that a whole segment of BMW snobs are going to find out what we've known all along: a standard bike, without a lot of plastic crap geegaws and doo-dads, that's easily customized to suit individual owners, and that has a focus on mechanical simplicity and reliability, is the right bike.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
It does look like the Griso. Of course, at least around here, you've got a lot more support from dealers etc. with a Bimmer than a Goose.

The good news is that a whole segment of BMW snobs are going to find out what we've known all along: a standard bike, without a lot of plastic crap geegaws and doo-dads, that's easily customized to suit individual owners, and that has a focus on mechanical simplicity and reliability, is the right bike.
Agreed. Also cool that they went with inverted forks and not the telelever ones... Overall nice that companies are producing bikes that the people wan't.
 
I am a firm supporter of any manufacturer making modern retro machines, and I'm happy that BMW enthusiasts now can play in the retro sandbox. The bike Looks pretty cool. Agreed it resembles the Griso, but IMHO, it's hard to top the looks of the Tenni edition Griso. Of course, my Tenni Griso was usually obscured by the thick clouds of electrical smoke surrounding it, so the looks didn't much matter.

The CB1100, Enfield Continental, and now this Beemer...the last year or so has certainly given us some fine new choices!
 
Don't know if I would use retro to describe, but if that means the old fashioned cool hot rod, with nothing extra except what makes it go (fast)...or stop, then I'm all for it.
 
Nice. I could see owning one. I'll be interested in what price it will come at.

All these bikes, including the CB, might be described as elemental, or essential. Somehow those qualities have become retro.
 
Am I supposed to be wearing jeans with rolled up cuffs, a black leather jacket, and a black helmet?
Dammit, I never dress right for the occasion....

After all the hype wears off, I think people are going to notice that this is an ugly little runt of a bike that looks like it was hacked together from the BMW parts bin (it was). I suspect it won't be too long before they're gathering dust with the still unsold 1990's BMW "RC" cruisers, which they look remarkably similar to.
 
I already have a retro BMW, thank you, my 1979 R100S

The Spaceman_imp said:
Am I supposed to be wearing jeans with rolled up cuffs, a black leather jacket, and a black helmet?
Dammit, I never dress right for the occasion....

After all the hype wears off, I think people are going to notice that this is an ugly little runt of a bike that looks like it was hacked together from the BMW parts bin (it was). I suspect it won't be too long before they're gathering dust with the still unsold 1990's BMW "RC" cruisers, which they look remarkably similar to.
Yes.
 
That is one gorgeous motorcycle
 
That's a great picture and I would go for that machine in a heart beat. But the R Nine T, just leaves me flat. It sort of kinda wants to be the BMW I remember, but that rear end is just a joke. No place to hang any bags, nothing to hang on to, nothing to keep the wife from sliding off the back. Forget it. What was, was. What is, is. And I don't like it.

My CB has everything I want and need.
 
I saw a strange thing at my Krogers today.A motorcycle.
Like I'm about the only person who takes their bike to Krogers
during the summer.Today a BMW 1150 RS was parked.I was
hoping to catch the rider as I was entering the store.I did.
He was just walking out the automated doors as I was entering.
It was an old man.Had his helmut on and like rain gear.Matching
yellow helmut and riding gear.He was older than me.
 
Deposit placed today, they estimate July or August arrival. They have been slotted for a production run for '14, '15, '16 so they won't be that limited.
 
Very Cool Ack! Looks like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the R1200R I rented quite a bit. only drawback for me was ridiculously tall gearing, and no way to change it.

new member killerbee has one like that. bet he has T shirts with them on the front too.
 
I like it but it would be a stablemate to the CB if I pulled the trigger. Similar concept to the Griso. My wife says it's the first bike she's seen lately that she would swap her beloved V-strom for. Praise indeed.
 
Back
Top