jerrycon_imp
Running like a top
Like the look, JPX. About your seat... Has there been an improvement in butt comfort? Significant improvement?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
May just be my imagination but I think the new one is more comfortable; I recall being less sore in the rear after my latest ride. It's definitely thicker and has more padding than the stock seat, so that could be part of it.jerrycon_imp said:Like the look, JPX. About your seat... Has there been an improvement in butt comfort? Significant improvement?
JPX_imp said:May just be my imagination but I think the new one is more comfortable; I recall being less sore in the rear after my latest ride. It's definitely thicker and has more padding than the stock seat, so that could be part of it.jerrycon_imp said:Like the look, JPX. About your seat... Has there been an improvement in butt comfort? Significant improvement?
I had them set the foam for a 175 lb rider and I weigh about 185 right now. I figure by the time it's broken in I'll be back down to 175 lbs.


All of the above. I will admit that I was worried on the comfort front since many people who have gotten them have said that they feel too hard and that they don't soften up for a few thousand miles. I haven't found that to be the case personally. I purposely had the foam set for a lighter rider (175 lb foam vs 185 lbs actual) so that it would be a little on the softer side. That may have helped or may not have; it makes sense to me but I couldn't tell you for certainty if it made a difference without having one of each on hand to test out.Ghis_imp said:Did you replace the seat for looks, comfort, both? I like it a lot.


Papa Weeley_imp said:

simplest2remember_imp said:Well I also have ordered one of these Road Comet 1's from samurider, but because I was in a hurry I wanted one they had in stock to avoid a 5 week total wait time. Red is how it will come then, which will need repainting as you can see below.
I'll be taking it to a professional to do, but will I need to have the paint stripped before a new coat is added?? I will colour match the orange and try and have the black stripe added to match the tank. Will also get them to paint the exhaust manifold black, along with the engine guards. This is already the coolest looking bike I've owned!
Samurider were cool about letting me have the comet for the same price as an unpainted version - quite a saving - and the red is no use to me after all.
Hey, I know those guys! For the proper 70's vibe, it is no cowl. For the more 80's CB1100F look, it is cowl for sure. I bounce back and forth.Chapomis_imp said:The little guy on my right shoulder just loves the Road Comet cowl on this bike, but the little guy on my left shoulder keeps saying no no no, keep it stock ! Except gaiters and RLETS....
[url=https://flic.kr/p/sEVh7i]1980-suzuki-gs450s