2014 Accessories???

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Why are so many after market parts available for the 2013 but not the 2014? I did a search on the web for windshields and nothing came up for 2014 CB1100. I have the Puig Plus and it fits the 2014 but offers limited wind protection. I prolly need something larger for my cycle.
 
First the bike is not selling in large numbers so flying low on accessories demand. Next the 2014 out only 1 year whereas the standard came out in 2010 in Japan and other markets.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
White Dog_imp said:
Why are so many after market parts available for the 2013 but not the 2014? I did a search on the web for windshields and nothing came up for 2014 CB1100. I have the Puig Plus and it fits the 2014 but offers limited wind protection. I prolly need something larger for my cycle.
Do you mean Comet size? Or Plexistar size? Both are available for the 14.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
White Dog_imp said:
Why are so many after market parts available for the 2013 but not the 2014? I did a search on the web for windshields and nothing came up for 2014 CB1100. I have the Puig Plus and it fits the 2014 but offers limited wind protection. I prolly need something larger for my cycle.
Do you mean Comet size? Or Plexistar size? Both are available for the 14.
Do you mean Comet size? Or Plexistar size? Both are available for the 14.
I've seen pics of the Comet. It is smaller than the Puig. I don't know what Plexistar looks like. Can you point me to it?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Which version of the Plexistar will fit the 2014? My dealer does not stock windshields so I am at the mercy of fellow 2014 riders.

There is no listing on Nat Cycle for CB1100 that I can find, so hope you understand the problem. Don't want to spend $200 on a shield that will not fit my cycle.
 
White Dog,

Just to clarify, the link that Ferret posted above was my attempted installation of a Plexifairing 3 on my '13 model. It didn't fit well (as pointed out in the thread) and I subsequently went with a Plexistar 2, which is listed on the Nat. Cycle website as fitting the '13 CB1100. Looks like this :

0247f694a7b05dbc9669c3e4094ffdd7.jpeg


I checked the Nat. Cycle website for the '14 model and they do not list the big Plexistar in their fitment guide. The do list the small Deflector and medium sized Street Shields. If you click the "Shop" tab on the main Nat. Cycle website, you can insert your make/model/year and check out what they have. Note: The Puig Plus is about the same size as the NC Deflector.

I suspect they might have left the Plexistar off the '14 list because of fitment issues. The '14 models have a larger gauge package and the headlight is mounted differently.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
White Dog,

Just to clarify, the link that Ferret posted above was my attempted installation of a Plexifairing 3 on my '13 model. It didn't fit well (as pointed out in the thread) and I subsequently went with a Plexistar 2, which is listed on the Nat. Cycle website as fitting the '13 CB1100. Looks like this :

0247f694a7b05dbc9669c3e4094ffdd7.jpeg


I checked the Nat. Cycle website for the '14 model and they do not list the big Plexistar in their fitment guide. The do list the small Deflector and medium sized Street Shields. If you click the "Shop" tab on the main Nat. Cycle website, you can insert your make/model/year and check out what they have. Note: The Puig Plus is about the same size as the NC Deflector.

I suspect they might have left the Plexistar off the '14 list because of fitment issues. The '14 models have a larger gauge package and the headlight is mounted differently.
Thanks for the reply. I was finally able to see the NC website and pulled up several shields they say will fit the 2014. The one that caught my eye is the Street Shield EX but I am hesitant to order one until I hear from someone with a 2014 and they say it will fit. Of course, NC is out of stock on this shield but their distributors may have some. I have 1" risers on my 2014 to relieve shoulder pain issues. Wonder if the handlebar mounting kit for the NC shields will stretch an extra inch to mount?
 
White Dog,
I've got a brand new Street Shield EX I'm willing to sell if you find that it'll fit your '14 (it fit my '13 perfectly). It seems to me they've got a lot of adjustment on the mounting rods to accommodate the '14 and your higher bars, but please get that info verified.
I decided to go with the smaller painted Road Comet, so I'm not using mine. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. ;)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:

Dang NS website does not list the Plexistar 2 for a 2014 CB1100
 
Quite honestly I don't think this bike was really intended for large bulky windshields. They don't fit the look of the bike and I think they create more buffeting than anything else. That's what big cruisers are for. I think its sufficient just to get a small screen like the puig to keep the blast off your chest to reduce fatigue and wear a full face or 3/4 with a face shield and your good to go. Its just my opinion but I think those large shields are somewhat useless and look gaudy.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Quite honestly I don't think this bike was really intended for large bulky windshields. They don't fit the look of the bike and I think they create more buffeting than anything else. That's what big cruisers are for. I think its sufficient just to get a small screen like the puig to keep the blast off your chest to reduce fatigue and wear a full face or 3/4 with a face shield and your good to go. Its just my opinion but I think those large shields are somewhat useless and look gaudy.
100% agree large windshields make this bike look really weird. Totally takes away from the bikes smooth lines and design. I ride daily at 70mph and with the dart small screen I am fine. If wind is a worry sell the cb and get a large touring Harley or Yamaha with a bat fairing.
 
Or use a RMA Windshield.
I enjoy riding with it.
It 's not too big and takes away enough wind.
Though you don't have to for example buy a Road King,
which I like.
Well, I don't care what people say 'bout windshields destroying the
line of the CB. The same goes for saddlebags. Use what you need,
it still fits to the Honda.

Wisedrum
 
I'm not a big fan of having to buy alot of the assesories for my bike overseas because the shipping charges are rediculous and if you have to return something it could be a nightmare. Unfortunately there is not alot of stuff offered stateside for this bike. Anyway I use the puig windscreen which works good for me. This is a wind in your hair, nuckles in the breeze kind of bike so I wouldn't expect total coverage from the elements. I have a HD Ultra full bagger/tour pack bike for that.
 
I bought a cafe seat and a rear fender/ taillight combo for Erics CB from WeBike Japan. Prices are excellent and shipping was free. They have a huge selection and a wide variety of stuff. Peruse through their website. Can't hurt to check it out ;)
 
uscgmac_imp said:
I'm not a big fan of having to buy alot of the assesories for my bike overseas because the shipping charges are rediculous and if you have to return something it could be a nightmare. Unfortunately there is not alot of stuff offered stateside for this bike. Anyway I use the puig windscreen which works good for me. This is a wind in your hair, nuckles in the breeze kind of bike so I wouldn't expect total coverage from the elements. I have a HD Ultra full bagger/tour pack bike for that.

I simply forgot, that the price for a foreign product in the states is much higher.
The other way round for foreign products in Germany.

Prior to he RMA shield I used the "second size" of a Puig shield, that was fixed
with the head light. In its way it worked. But when I drove my first so called
"long distance" trip, I found out, that the windprotection wasn't satisfying.

Because of that experience I changed the shield. The RMA shield was'nt too expensive
and the protection is much better, without pushing a big wall through the wind.
The CB went through changes, until it arrives where it is now.
Me too.

Wisedrum
 
Its hard to find a happy medium with this bike. I think some people with this bike are caught between wanting a bike to tour on and something Retro/sporty. Its a tough platform for that. I totally intend to use this as a run around town bike, sort of a bar hopper fun boulavard cruiser type. I will do longer rides because when I get on the bike on my days off I usually do a couple hundred miles anyway. I guess I could do an overnighter if I change my seat and throw over my soft luggage which I had from another bike but its not really my intention for the bike.
 
Back
Top