PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Just messaged with Tetsuya Kudo a moment ago- and he confirmed this part was changed on the 2017 for noise regulations.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Not an engineer though 
ear Admin and Moderators,:rofl:Cormanus_imp said:A message just came in to the forum inbox. It said:
Quoteear Admin and Moderators,
Could you please ask Lord Popgun to stop using my name just for the heck of it? It's messing with the data I'm trying to collect from the inter webs on the number of times my name is mentioned in serious works.
Yours etc
Helmholtz Resonator
:rofl:Cormanus_imp said:A message just came in to the forum inbox. It said:
Quoteear Admin and Moderators,
Could you please ask Lord Popgun to stop using my name just for the heck of it? It's messing with the data I'm trying to collect from the inter webs on the number of times my name is mentioned in serious works.
Yours etc
Helmholtz Resonator

Thanks for the link to the article, it reminds me of the Toyota famous "T-VIS" (Toyota Variable Intake System).Tev62_imp said:The best article I have ever read about the motorcycle airbox is from California Scientific, super interesting and if you want to go full Engineer mode its all there. This is why I leave all my bikes pretty stock and why I am happy that a Honda filter and airbox will be just fine for me.
Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
Stop it! :rofl:Lord Popgun_imp said:Its the HELMHOLTZ RESONATOR thing![]()
Thanks for the link to the article, it reminds me of the Toyota famous "T-VIS" (Toyota Variable Intake System).Alain Lee_imp said:Thanks for the link to the article, it reminds me of the Toyota famous "T-VIS" (Toyota Variable Intake System).Tev62_imp said:The best article I have ever read about the motorcycle airbox is from California Scientific, super interesting and if you want to go full Engineer mode its all there. This is why I leave all my bikes pretty stock and why I am happy that a Honda filter and airbox will be just fine for me.
Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
What the T-VIS does is varying the air intake runner length in order to get more torque at certain rpm. It uses a butterfly plate to close one set of intake runner and opens them when more torque is required at certain rpm (air resonance).
By the way, this system was designed by Yamaha (their musical department).
Regards
Alain
Interesting tidbit Alain.Alain Lee_imp said:Thanks for the link to the article, it reminds me of the Toyota famous "T-VIS" (Toyota Variable Intake System).Tev62_imp said:The best article I have ever read about the motorcycle airbox is from California Scientific, super interesting and if you want to go full Engineer mode its all there. This is why I leave all my bikes pretty stock and why I am happy that a Honda filter and airbox will be just fine for me.
Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
What the T-VIS does is varying the air intake runner length in order to get more torque at certain rpm. It uses a butterfly plate to close one set of intake runner and opens them when more torque is required at certain rpm (air resonance).
By the way, this system was designed by Yamaha (their musical department).
Regards
Alain
