2013s vs newer?

ClassicVW_imp said:
So, does this mean I'm not crazy? :celebrate:
Not necessarily, it just means you were right this time :rofl:
 
I went for a ride yesterday and took a close look at the display when I shut the bike off and the lens is red over the last bar so it appears to flash red when in fact it's just that portion of the lens that is red. You can't see it when the LCD is lit behind it and makes it appear to be black.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I went for a ride yesterday and took a close look at the display when I shut the bike off and the lens is red over the last bar so it appears to flash red when in fact it's just that portion of the lens that is red. You can't see it when the LCD is lit behind it and makes it appear to be black.
That's it! With the red overlay on the last bar, it'll appear to flash black/red instead of black/gray. I have to admit I'd never noticed that. On a sunny day (which is most days) usually all I see in the display is the reflection of my helmet.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
That's exactly what it looks like. Thank you gentlemen.

When it's full it looks like this (although my photo isn't as good).



The last bar is black and miraculously changes colour later.

Marvellous.
 
I looked at my gauge with the ignition off and it looks the pic above (except all the lights are off, duh :) ) There is the red E and a red bar. Red bar looks painted on. When the ignition is turned on the black bar appears and blocks the red.

The red doesn't blink, the black does. When the black goes off, you see red. So you get the illusion of the red blinking as the black bar goes on and off.

The sad part is that none of us even noticed the red bar when the ign. is off!!!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I looked at my gauge with the ignition off and it looks the pic above (except all the lights are off, duh :) ) There is the red E and a red bar. Red bar looks painted on. When the ignition is turned on the black bar appears and blocks the red.

The red doesn't blink, the black does. When the black goes off, you see red. So you get the illusion of the red blinking as the black bar goes on and off.

The sad part is that none of us even noticed the red bar when the ign. is off!!!
How did you know that about me?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I looked at my gauge with the ignition off and it looks the pic above (except all the lights are off, duh :) ) There is the red E and a red bar. Red bar looks painted on. When the ignition is turned on the black bar appears and blocks the red.

The red doesn't blink, the black does. When the black goes off, you see red. So you get the illusion of the red blinking as the black bar goes on and off.

The sad part is that none of us even noticed the red bar when the ign. is off!!!
Good explanation popgun.
 
Back
Top