2013 cb1100 Left Directional Light wont cancel.

M3-SRT8_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I replaced the switch already - still does it.

Left Directional Lights - Front and Rear - flash and won't cancel. When I switch to Right Directional they ALL flash.

What gives?

Thanks;

Lee
 
Geez you are still around and riding your CB? Been forever. Where ya been? (one of the guys from the original thread over on ADV rider before this forum was formed) Joined here in May 2013

One of the electrical gurus should be along shortly
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Geez you are still around and riding your CB? Been forever. Where ya been? (one of the guys from the original thread over on ADV rider before this forum was formed) Joined here in May 2013

One of the electrical gurus should be along shortly
Hi.

Yep. Been awhile. Haven't contacted the forum since I installed the Wyverns.
 
That's a good one! Do you have the original turn signals, or LEDs? Any other electrical mods, or other accessories added recently?
 
Have a play with your "hazard switch" on the right hand side handlebars, its just below the red rocker switch, it uses the same color wires for the indicators ( orange and l blue ).
 
Sorry to go off topic briefly, but do you have hazard lights, Max? We didn’t get them here in Oz.
 
Yes, i just looked Cormanus, on the right handlebar just under the red engine stop switch in between the start button, a black slider switch with a small triangle beside it, remember mine is a japanese import.
 
Thanks, Max. I did remember that. It's why I asked. I can't figure out why we didn't get hazard lights in Australia unless there's some odd design rule that says they shouldn't be fitted to motorcycles.
 
Just a quick look at the wiring diagram (still early, need more coffee ;) ) I would check 2 things. Spray out the Hazzard switch and check the fuses.

The Turn signal relay (which is not really a relay, but a module) receives 12v from 2 different fuses. Easy check. Then I’d do the Hazzard switch as MAX said.

I looked at mine and if a turn signal is on, and you turn on the hazard flasher, all lights flash. And then if you turn off the hazard, the turn signal resumes flashing. If might be the hazard switch.

You could, if you have a meter and some electronic/electrical knowledge, pull the 2 connectors on the TS relay and meter the inputs to it. Is always possible the module failed even though none have been reported yet.

If we were closer I’d pull mine and swap it into yours, but—sorry :)

Note, I would have posted sooner but I was hoping MAX would look into this so I wouldn’t have to (ducking for cover now ;) )
 
Thread starter
max_imp said:
Have a play with your "hazard switch" on the right hand side handlebars, its just below the red rocker switch, it uses the same color wires for the indicators ( orange and l blue ).
We have a Winner. The Hazard Switch was in the middle betwixt On and Off.

I have a vision of Fred Sanford staring at me, saying, "You Dummy!"
 
Nice find! Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:
 
Been watching this, glad it worked out. I notice that if I don’t cycle my hazard switch frequently, it only flashes the left side. I’m sure I can take the switch apart and clean the contacts, but... meh.

M3, tell Elizabeth you’re coming to her.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
That's a good one! Do you have the original turn signals, or LEDs? Any other electrical mods, or other accessories added recently?
Everything on the bike, except the Wyverns, is OEM.
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been watching this, glad it worked out. I notice that if I don’t cycle my hazard switch frequently, it only flashes the left side. I’m sure I can take the switch apart and clean the contacts, but... meh.

M3, tell Elizabeth you’re coming to her.
The Big One?
 
You big dummy!

From Sandford and Son TV show for those thinking I was calling a member a dummy...

Also, I’m coming Elizabeth as Fred pretends he is having the big one.
 
M3-SRT8_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
That's a good one! Do you have the original turn signals, or LEDs? Any other electrical mods, or other accessories added recently?
Everything on the bike, except the Wyverns, is OEM.
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been watching this, glad it worked out. I notice that if I don’t cycle my hazard switch frequently, it only flashes the left side. I’m sure I can take the switch apart and clean the contacts, but... meh.

M3, tell Elizabeth you’re coming to her.
The Big One?
Everything on the bike, except the Wyverns, is OEM.
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been watching this, glad it worked out. I notice that if I don’t cycle my hazard switch frequently, it only flashes the left side. I’m sure I can take the switch apart and clean the contacts, but... meh.

M3, tell Elizabeth you’re coming to her.
The Big One?
M3, I sent you a PM..
 
Back
Top