2013 ABS forks upgrade :NOT

d838453c8daa1628862aa3d0bdb0583f.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
When all these second hand forks hit the market they will make excellent donors for someone wanting to prepare a set with cartridge inserts.
 
Thread starter
I for one always keep the OEM parts for my bikes incase the next owner wants to go back to stock.
Of course I will keep my CB' s as long as I can ride a motorcycle and at nearly 68 no problems at all !
 
I used to keep all my stock parts to all my bikes and and cars until I realized I had lots off them sitting around for many years taking up a lot of space.

Generally the parts are something I myself will never use again, and would add very little, if anything, to an owner years later.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice write up, Houtman. Really good information here.

Unfortunately (in this case) I have a 2013 ABS, but fortunately (in this case) I don't have $750 anyway.

I am giving some consideration to upgrading the suspension on my bike, but I think I'm going to try to learn to be a better rider first and then "reward" myself with new suspension pieces. I have employed the same strategy with my golf game which explains why I play with clubs from 1993.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Nice write up, Houtman. Really good information here.

Unfortunately (in this case) I have a 2013 ABS, but fortunately (in this case) I don't have $750 anyway.

I am giving some consideration to upgrading the suspension on my bike, but I think I'm going to try to learn to be a better rider first and then "reward" myself with new suspension pieces. I have employed the same strategy with my golf game which explains why I play with clubs from 1993.
Is that your way of saying your golf game hasn't improved?

I can't say how much of a "performance" upgrade my mods are as I'm not really that kind of rider but for smoothing out the road it would be hard to find better.
 
Thread starter
This is the way I look at things on my bikes :

Better front tire than OEM 15 % improvement
Better rear tire than OEM 15 % improvement
Better shocks than OEM 15 % improvement
Better forks than OEM 15 % improvement

Add them all together and you have 60 % improvement over stock , of course you could argue over the percentices but do you get the idea ?
I like a smoother ride because of my back and confidence in the road holding
 
Back
Top