2013-2014 work shop manual

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just received the new work shop manual from Helminc ($70.65 incl shipping)
Going thru it quickly I noticed a 30 % increase in the fuel pump capacity, was that needed or did they use a pump from different bike ? 2013 versus 2014
 
Does that mean the fuel pump holds more? Or pumps more? If it's pumps more you'd think that would show up in a decreased fuel mileage which I am not experiencing.
 
Higher fuel psi does not mean it would burn more fuel. I think but not sure I have not got my manual replaced yet but I think the 14 models are running about 50psi which is a lot :)
 
Thread starter
I do not think that a higher capacity fuel pump will use more fuel.
Your car/truck has the same fuel pump at idle as it has at high speed.
I was just wondering why Honda did put a different capacity pump on the 2014,is it to standardize parts with their other bikes ?
 
Back
Top