20,000 mile report

sanoke_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
569b68aed0b627ebb10069bb11175616.jpg


I'm on the third front tire (Bridgestone) and the second rear. Still have the original chain and I've only had to adjust it once. When I replaced the plugs and checked the valves at 8,000 miles, everything looked so good, I decided to wait 16,000 miles to do it again. Had to change the headlight bulb at 12,000 miles but I think the original was defective. I'm getting 62 MPG or better consistently so it's pretty easy on the gas. Still think it's the best bike I've ever owned. Definitely a keeper!
 
Dang, what an awesome report. 20,000 miles. i do think you have the highest mileage total on the board, and I think you are the mpg leader as well..
 
How do you like the Corbin seat? I have an appointment this Thursday with them to have my butt fitted for some new diggs. :D
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
How do you like the Corbin seat? I have an appointment this Thursday with them to have my butt fitted for some new diggs. :D
I love it. One of the best investments I've made. I typically ride 100 miles a day and my butt doesn't get sore or tired like it used to with the original seat.
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, what an awesome report. 20,000 miles. i do think you have the highest mileage total on the board, and I think you are the mpg leader as well..
Thanks but I think one of the Aussies has me beat with 38,000 kilometers. If I'm doing the math correctly, that's 23,750 miles.
 
sanoke_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
How do you like the Corbin seat? I have an appointment this Thursday with them to have my butt fitted for some new diggs. :D
I love it. One of the best investments I've made. I typically ride 100 miles a day and my butt doesn't get sore or tired like it used to with the original seat.
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, what an awesome report. 20,000 miles. i do think you have the highest mileage total on the board, and I think you are the mpg leader as well..
Thanks but I think one of the Aussies has me beat with 38,000 kilometers. If I'm doing the math correctly, that's 23,750 miles.
Thanks but I think one of the Aussies has me beat with 38,000 kilometers. If I'm doing the math correctly, that's 23,750 miles.
Yep. The Pterodactyl, when he last reported was 'a tad under 38,000 kms' and your maths is spot on Sanoke. That said, he may well have had a head start on you as the CB1100 was here for a bit before it got to the US and 20,000 miles is an impressive ride.

Glad you're still loving it.
 
Once I get back to work that 20,000 mark will be a distant memory in a hurry. :D
 
Randy B_imp said:
Once I get back to work that 20,000 mark will be a distant memory in a hurry. :D
How long before you're back at it?
 
Hopefully the beginning of November.
 
Thread starter
Stealth128_imp said:
That's great! Just curious where the valves still within spec at 16,000 miles?
What I meant was the plugs and valves looked so good at 8,000 miles I decided to wait 16,000 miles until I got to 24,000 to do it again. Should get there in a couple months so I'll let you know how they look then.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Hopefully the beginning of November.
Man, that's been a while hasn't it? Hope October sees you right again.
 
I plan on waiting 12K or more miles for my first valve check....will be curious what you see after going 24K total( 16K since last check)
 
I did my first one at 9,000 and was right down the middle. I did the second one at 18,000 and they replaced a bunch of shims.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I did my first one at 9,000 and was right down the middle. I did the second one at 18,000 and they replaced a bunch of shims.

Try and find that receipt Randy so we can see just what they did.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Thanks for the report. I cant figure out why the fronts wear so quickly (relativly speaking) than other bikes. Soft compound?
Did someone mention my name? My front tire will be gone by 2500 miles. Those Down Under guys drive too slow!
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
I did my first one at 9,000 and was right down the middle. I did the second one at 18,000 and they replaced a bunch of shims.
Maybe I shouldn't wait so long. Do you know if they were too loose or too tight or both? If they are just loose, I'm not worried but too tight needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.
 
Thanks for the report. Good to know that things are going well as the miles tick by. I thought the valve check interval was 8000 miles on this bike, but I could be wrong. Service dept said I would need one at 16k when i had my bike in for the 12k maintenance, so I assumed every 8k
 
Spec is 8000 ES. Did they check your valve clearances at the first service?
 
Yes, and everything was a-OK.

Now, I just need to ride another 3000 in the next month or so, so I can get the 16k service done over the winter. LOL. Gotta have a plan, right?
 
Back
Top