1st minute Welcome to the stable. Excited about 2013 not 14. What next?

Romo1969_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My new ride made it to the stable from st Pete to Orlando yesterday.
Well. As much as many of you and myself enjoy talking about the 14 I'm excited to get to know my 13.
Having owned many bikes of many variations from a 65 dream to a rocket three to a monster among others I have a strong 60 second 1st experience
In driving frm the trailer out front to garage in back I am pleseantly reminded of how well engineered honda bikes are. Engagement to 1st and the power deliver is shocking "Swiss watch" smooth. And quiet in 1st. Exactly what I want in a retro bike. If I want a loud bike I'd buy a sport or a Harley. Ok. Strike that last part that would kill my soul to do.
Smiled for 3 minutes after the 1 minute drive. Can't wait for more.
My plans for the girl are suble and inspired by a few of you.
Tank knee pads made to design
Gators
Seat maybe
Luggage rack Oem
Maybe that aluminum cafe style screen I've seen on this sight.
K&n
Figure out a classy way to fashion a shorty back rest for the back. Shorter better.

You all made a rock star decision w the bike w either 13 or 14 Congrats
Cool thing is all are slightly different.

Ok. So what else is a mist do for my new bike?
Ron
 
Congrats Ron! I can feel your excitement in your post. Looking forward to your first, well second now, ride report!

You must know that even though they all look similar, we do require pictures. Lol
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Ron! I can feel your excitement in your post. Looking forward to your first, well second now, ride report!

You must know that even though they all look similar, we do require pictures. Lol
Tried. But using iPad and said my pic was too big. Hmmm
 
Ron... welcome! You can't go wrong... whichever one you chose. And he's right... pictures are required and part of the deal!!! We never get tired of looking at these beautiful machines.
Romo1969_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Ron! I can feel your excitement in your post. Looking forward to your first, well second now, ride report!

You must know that even though they all look similar, we do require pictures. Lol
Tried. But using iPad and said my pic was too big. Hmmm
Tried. But using iPad and said my pic was too big. Hmmm
Try the app... Tapatalk. It's in the App Store. I couldn't post pix from my iPad either until I got that app. It works fine.
 
I post pics from my Ipad using photobucket

Ron just wondering, which Rocket 3 did you have the late 60s early 70s 750 transverse or the late 2000's 2300 CC Monster?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I post pics from my Ipad using photobucket

Ron just wondering, which Rocket 3 did you have the late 60s early 70s 750 transverse or the late 2000's 2300 CC Monster?
2300. Not sure if it was 09 or 10. But black on black. Love black engines.
Funny side note. My cars at the time where both turbo German 4cyl with less displacement. Always made me chuckle.
 
Romo, the 13 is a stunning bike and if I could afford one and a new DLX I would love to have one in my garage, enjoy it and be safe....
 
Welcome Ron!

It will just keep getting better and better. Your post says you are one of us, congrats on your purchase. A CB1100 is a CB1100, regardless of model.

As for mods, the sky is the limit. In my case, I really have a hard time deciding. I like the bike so much as is, I don't want to change it. So far I am going with a National Cycle Deflecter DX wind screen for trips, (it's detachable), a tank bag, and a tail bag. Everything goes on and comes off easily, therefore I can leave it "naked" for riding around town and enjoy those beautiful lines.

Cheers :beerchug:
 
Romo1969_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I post pics from my Ipad using photobucket

Ron just wondering, which Rocket 3 did you have the late 60s early 70s 750 transverse or the late 2000's 2300 CC Monster?
2300. Not sure if it was 09 or 10. But black on black. Love black engines.
Funny side note. My cars at the time where both turbo German 4cyl with less displacement. Always made me chuckle.
2300. Not sure if it was 09 or 10. But black on black. Love black engines.
Funny side note. My cars at the time where both turbo German 4cyl with less displacement. Always made me chuckle.

Cool. I had the original Rocket 3, 1969. First bike imported in the country that would run an honest 130 out of the box.

Ccol factoid: each piston in the new Rocket three is bigger than the 3 pistons in the original Rocket 3 .... COMBINED
 
Ron, I'm with David on the accessorys. For me, like him,
it's the National Deflector Shield, a rack for a (removable)
soft tail bag, and a tank bag. Simple and clean.
 
Thread starter
2db65310de5af2aabfa2494846ef98e0.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Congrats Ron. I felt the same my first test ride at the dealer. Rode from the service area to the road, waiting to pull out into traffic, and already knew I had made the right choice. Enjoy!
 
Thread starter
Also as a point of reference for Team CB.
Scored this beauty w 160 miles 7k. Felt it was a great deal for both parties.


Might be good info for some of you considering a trade/sell etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
G'day from Australia, Ron. Welcome. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, it doesn't matter. It's a great bike.

I've looked in amazement at the 2300 Rocket III and wondered how on earth I'd even get it off the stand. My dentist has one and tells me it's fabulous for serious touring in it back Australia.
 
Thread starter
The rocket was less daunting once rolling. It was so easy to drive and well balanced with a low center of gravity.
Trust me. Without a rest drive I had it delivered. Boy was that a moment of intimidation. But she was so easy to get to know. And could ride a whole day.
Got myself a 6.4l car now so unlikely i will get a bigger bike than that anytime soon. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
77adb7dc2668d9a2265d758d04b5a656.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Romo1969_imp said:
My new ride made it to the stable from st Pete to Orlando yesterday.
Well. As much as many of you and myself enjoy talking about the 14 I'm excited to get to know my 13.
Having owned many bikes of many variations from a 65 dream to a rocket three to a monster among others I have a strong 60 second 1st experience
In driving frm the trailer out front to garage in back I am pleseantly reminded of how well engineered honda bikes are. Engagement to 1st and the power deliver is shocking "Swiss watch" smooth. And quiet in 1st. Exactly what I want in a retro bike. If I want a loud bike I'd buy a sport or a Harley. Ok. Strike that last part that would kill my soul to do.
Smiled for 3 minutes after the 1 minute drive. Can't wait for more.
My plans for the girl are suble and inspired by a few of you.
Tank knee pads made to design
Gators
Seat maybe
Luggage rack Oem
Maybe that aluminum cafe style screen I've seen on this sight.
K&n
Figure out a classy way to fashion a shorty back rest for the back. Shorter better.

You all made a rock star decision w the bike w either 13 or 14 Congrats
Cool thing is all are slightly different.

Ok. So what else is a mist do for my new bike?
Ron
Congratulations Ron!

I'm really glad that Honda has decided to bring the '14 models to the States and I'm looking forward to seeing new faces popping up around here with their 2014 bikes and I'm especially happy for those who found that extra bit of difference that they were looking for in the Deluxe model that differentiates it from the 2013 CB.

Still for me, it's the '13 model that has the most appeal. Even if I had the chance to trade straight up for the new bike, I just couldn't do it. The design of the '13 just pushes all of the right buttons for me, just like the '14 will for others. Not only does introduction of the '14 models ensure that the CB1100 will stick around for at least another year, it also locks down the exclusivity of the 2013 model.

Enjoy getting to know your CB as it's a spectacular machine. If we're lucky, the CB1100 will continue on for some time to come. My biggest wish is that the Deluxe will appeal to a larger audience and the bike will experience increased overall sales to live on for another year or more. Who knows, maybe we'll see a 3rd generation design some day? Hey, a guy can always dream.
 
Guth_imp said:
Romo1969_imp said:
My new ride made it to the stable from st Pete to Orlando yesterday.
Well. As much as many of you and myself enjoy talking about the 14 I'm excited to get to know my 13.
Having owned many bikes of many variations from a 65 dream to a rocket three to a monster among others I have a strong 60 second 1st experience
In driving frm the trailer out front to garage in back I am pleseantly reminded of how well engineered honda bikes are. Engagement to 1st and the power deliver is shocking "Swiss watch" smooth. And quiet in 1st. Exactly what I want in a retro bike. If I want a loud bike I'd buy a sport or a Harley. Ok. Strike that last part that would kill my soul to do.
Smiled for 3 minutes after the 1 minute drive. Can't wait for more.
My plans for the girl are suble and inspired by a few of you.
Tank knee pads made to design
Gators
Seat maybe
Luggage rack Oem
Maybe that aluminum cafe style screen I've seen on this sight.
K&n
Figure out a classy way to fashion a shorty back rest for the back. Shorter better.

You all made a rock star decision w the bike w either 13 or 14 Congrats
Cool thing is all are slightly different.

Ok. So what else is a mist do for my new bike?
Ron
Congratulations Ron!

I'm really glad that Honda has decided to bring the '14 models to the States and I'm looking forward to seeing new faces popping up around here with their 2014 bikes and I'm especially happy for those who found that extra bit of difference that they were looking for in the Deluxe model that differentiates it from the 2013 CB.

Still for me, it's the '13 model that has the most appeal. Even if I had the chance to trade straight up for the new bike, I just couldn't do it. The design of the '13 just pushes all of the right buttons for me, just like the '14 will for others. Not only does introduction of the '14 models ensure that the CB1100 will stick around for at least another year, it also locks down the exclusivity of the 2013 model.

Enjoy getting to know your CB as it's a spectacular machine. If we're lucky, the CB1100 will continue on for some time to come. My biggest wish is that the Deluxe will appeal to a larger audience and the bike will experience increased overall sales to live on for another year or more. Who knows, maybe we'll see a 3rd generation design some day? Hey, a guy can always dream.
Same here. Much to like in the 2014 but still prefer the '13.
 
"Still for me, it's the '13 model that has the most appeal. Even if I had the chance to trade straight up for the new bike, I just couldn't do it. The design of the '13 just pushes all of the right buttons for me, just like the '14 will for others. Not only does introduction of the '14 models ensure that the CB1100 will stick around for at least another year, it also locks down the exclusivity of the 2013 model."

-Guth

Agreed. However I am finding the CB1100 to be a very nice touring bike. If it continues to grow on my in this vein, I might consider getting a version with the sixth gear. Now as I think about it, though, there are so many other bikes for the same dough as the CB1100 that are already much better "standard" tourers that it would still be a wasted effort, being as I already own the current version.

I suspect I'd move in the direction of the BMW F800GS for a sport-tourer. Much better fuel mileage, a lot lighter, and handles far better.

Nay...I guess I'll stick with my classic five-speed CB.
 
Back
Top