1992 Kawasaki 750 Zephyr

Beautifully styled bike. It's like the Nighthawk from the same era, but with better brakes and suspension. Sure glad I don't have to maintain that bank of carbs, though.
 
Love the Zephyr bikes! I was looking for one in the mid 90s to replace a worn out KZ750, but they were (and still are) rare and hard to find. I ended up with a leftover '93 Nighthawk still in the crate. Both bikes are remarkably similar. The Zephyr was not built to a price point like the Nighthawk, therefore it got better brakes and suspension. The Nighthawk had the 16 valve CBX750 powerplant (detuned), while the Zephyr retained the old 8 valve mill basically unchanged from the original '80 KZ750.

Hey Roper, carbs are not so bad as long as you don't let them sit and get gummed up with old fuel. I have never let my CB750 sit idle and the 4 carbs on it have never been touched since new. The only other thing I do is run a can of Seafoam through a couple of times a year.
 
Nice! I think I’m more likely to see another CB100 than a 92 ZR750 in the wild. Mine isn’t quite as pretty but I love her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Banned_imp said:
My neighbour had one in '03, it's the only one I have ever seen.

Great looking bikes.
If it’s a 03, it’s a zr-7, and not really a zephyr.. It’s the modern update of it, sure, but iirc it’s got a number of updates including a mono shock...

I believe Kawi brought it back to have a middleweight to compete against the Suzuki Sv650..

Jason
 
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
My neighbour had one in '03, it's the only one I have ever seen.

Great looking bikes.
If it’s a 03, it’s a zr-7, and not really a zephyr.. It’s the modern update of it, sure, but iirc it’s got a number of updates including a mono shock...

I believe Kawi brought it back to have a middleweight to compete against the Suzuki Sv650..

Jason
If it’s a 03, it’s a zr-7, and not really a zephyr.. It’s the modern update of it, sure, but iirc it’s got a number of updates including a mono shock...

I believe Kawi brought it back to have a middleweight to compete against the Suzuki Sv650..

Jason
Sorry, I wasn't clear - she owned the bike in '03, I have no idea what year it was as I never spoke to her (I suspected my wife might get upset to find me chatting up the single neighbour woman).

I just looked up the ZR-7, that's a nice looking bike too. I'm not sure that I have seen one in person before.
 
Desert viper_imp said:
I had a 1993 ZR1100 brand new....wish I still had it......love this 750 with the paint job and the 4 into 4 pipes
THIS one is more than gorgeous:thumbsup::thumbsup:
....remove Kawi emblem and install Honda and nobody will notice the difference :P
 
When I returned to motorcycling in 1992 after 34 years away from the sport, I seriously looked at a Zephyr and almost did the deal, but settled for a Honda Hawk NT650.
It was the right decision at the time since the Hawk was smaller, lighter and had good performance for a returning rider.
I had that bike for ten years and rode it all over the east coast of Canada and New England.
It was replaced by a CB900F (919 in the US), and is a great bike, but it didn't have the certain "something" that the Hawk did.
With the CB1100 that certain "something" is back :D :D :D
 
Rocky_imp said:
When I returned to motorcycling in 1992 after 34 years away from the sport, I seriously looked at a Zephyr and almost did the deal, but settled for a Honda Hawk NT650.
It was the right decision at the time since the Hawk was smaller, lighter and had good performance for a returning rider.
I had that bike for ten years and rode it all over the east coast of Canada and New England.
It was replaced by a CB900F (919 in the US), and is a great bike, but it didn't have the certain "something" that the Hawk did.
With the CB1100 that certain "something" is back :D :D :D
Seem to almost never go wrong with Honda.
 
Back
Top