1990 GB500

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
There's a GB on the local Craigslist in original condition with 18k miles. The seller is asking $6000. For those of you who follow these bikes, does the price seem about right? My gut is telling me he's asking too much but I don't follow GB's that closely.
 
Due to the rarity and desirability of that bike (the TT, right?) a perfect example might fetch even more from the right buyer. If I had 6K lying around it'd already be on a truck to my house.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
There's a GB on the local Craigslist in original condition with 18k miles. The seller is asking $6000. For those of you who follow these bikes, does the price seem about right? My gut is telling me he's asking too much but I don't follow GB's that closely.

LR--the GB 500s have become collectible and the prices have climbed steadily over the past 10 years accordingly. Condition is a big factor of course--I've seen low mileage, unmolested, excellent condition examples getting up near $10k recently. So your seller may not be far off. Things to check (for sake of negotiation?) include the area where the bum-stop fiberglass fairing attaches to the frame (under big chrome screw just behind the seat)--seems to often crack. And muffler/headers often replaced with eg super trap. Otherwise usually bullet-proof Honda build quality. This bike is a hoot to ride--feels heftier, and spunkier than you would expect from a 500. And fairly upright seating position. if you are in the market, worth checking out, IMHO.

 
Rboe_imp said:
A bike they should consider doing again - but Eruo 4 and 5 will prevent it now.
U R absolutely right, not just this one..., I'd like to see rejuvenated CBX, please
Honda, can you hear me!!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
"Euro 5 CBX" might happen with faux 6-pack engine block powered by an induction electric motor. :)
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
"Euro 5 CBX" might happen with faux 6-pack engine block powered by an induction electric motor. :)
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

... the times they are a-changin'.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
"Euro 5 CBX" might happen with faux 6-pack engine block powered by an induction electric motor. :)
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

... the times they are a-changin'.

FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
"Euro 5 CBX" might happen with faux 6-pack engine block powered by an induction electric motor. :)
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

... the times they are a-changin'.

FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????

Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????
Challenges may be similar to those for the CB1100 ... in North America at the very least, possibly worse with the issue of dino consumption being threatened every several years.

The GB500 must be great on dino consumption.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
"Euro 5 CBX" might happen with faux 6-pack engine block powered by an induction electric motor. :)
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

... the times they are a-changin'.

FI, 6 cyl, please :D
Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????

Sure - but Honda will drop output to 90 HP. :-/ (or lower).
I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????
Challenges may be similar to those for the CB1100 ... in North America at the very least, possibly worse with the issue of dino consumption being threatened every several years.

The GB500 must be great on dino consumption.

I think 6cyl/100HP is peanut, with plenty of torque
Peanut for Euro 5? Don't understand :huh:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13642&pid=222562#pid222562]... the times they are a-changin'.
IMO more challenging will be: cost & sold units ????
Challenges may be similar to those for the CB1100 ... in North America at the very least, possibly worse with the issue of dino consumption being threatened every several years.

The GB500 must be great on dino consumption. Yeah
 
Similarly, the late model Honda CB500X is supposed to be a "carefree" and economical, yet still fun ride. This is probably Honda's latest take on bikes in the class of the the GB500. Who knows? Maybe the CB500X is tomorrow's GB500.
 
For our generation I don't think the CB500X will be a classic.

But maybe for the current crop of new riders will feel differently in, oh say 30 years. :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
For our generation I don't think the CB500X will be a classic.

But maybe for the current crop of new riders will feel differently in, oh say 30 years. :)
Sure, maybe. I wasn't thinking classic, but in the age of electric, probably all the models will become classics. :)

For today, the retiring riders seem to be talking about these class of machines more than usual.
 
Back
Top