1982 CBX

I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.

And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.

She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.

If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.

And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.

She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.

If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
lol :rofl:

That is for another day, Gone. Clearly magical uncle enjoyed riding more than one?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.

And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.

She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.

If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
lol :rofl:

That is for another day, Gone. Clearly magical uncle enjoyed riding more than one?
I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.

And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.

She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.

If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
lol :rofl:

That is for another day, Gone. Clearly magical uncle enjoyed riding more than one?
I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."
I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."
Only $3K9, and Magical Uncle forgot all 'bout it in Phoenix storage! :D

 
I think you should try something, Gone. Maybe, “I said CBX, honey. For some reason the CT90 always reminds me of it”. I have no end of admiration for your powers of persuasion. I’m sure you can do it. :thumbsup:
 
Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.

A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.

A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?
 
We used to call those dull-looking cars with hidden monster engines, "sleepers.": I don't know if they are still called sleepers, but they sure are fun. A Dart convertible would be fun. With or without the Jensens.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.

A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?
It underwent a mid-80s cost-no-object restoration, so naturally yes, it has Jensen 6x9s.

My friend is trying to get me interested in his '71 Newport. But, I don't think I have the mutton chops for it, and other than the B52s song, I don't have an existential connection to it. And being as big as a whale, no doubt it would push everything, including all three of my bikes, out of the garage.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.

A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?
It underwent a mid-80s cost-no-object restoration, so naturally yes, it has Jensen 6x9s.

My friend is trying to get me interested in his '71 Newport. But, I don't think I have the mutton chops for it, and other than the B52s song, I don't have an existential connection to it. And being as big as a whale, no doubt it would push everything, including all three of my bikes, out of the garage.
Ja. Get the two door.
 
Gone, to say I’m disappointed is a serious understatement. A car over the chance magically to convert a CT90 to a CBX?

Should your mate let you down, you could make a play for both the CT90 and the CBX on the basis that the fuel bill for the car would, in less than 12 months, be more than the capital and running costs of both bikes.
 
Cormanus, while I value your belief that I can perform miracles, I thought it was pretty clear that the "CT90 into a CBX" plane has already crashed into the mountain.

Besides, since the phones are always monitoring what we do, of course my YouTube feed is now awash with CBX videos. I watched Leno's this morning,

He talks about how his '81 CBX was his first vehicle purchased new. He also talks about how complex the bike is, and how you have to drop the engine to check the valves.

I can't be bothered to lift the tank on my CB to check the valves. Do you think I'm going to drop a six-cylinder engine?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... from destruction is born resurrection (like Phoenix?).

Just imagine: That wind-up through the L.A. core avenues, Gone.
Yes, yes, I get it. The sound of a CBX inline six richocheting off of a row of office buildings on both sides of me would be more intoxicating than the sound of a Dodge Slant Six, I have preliminary spousal approval on the latter.
 
Yes there is. Mopar did it so they could lower hood height on the Valiant.
Honda did it so the gas tank on the CBX wouldn't be in your chest.
 
Back
Top