misterprofessionality
Road warrior
If my legs/shoulders don't work so good at some point in the far flung future I will probably default to a 3 wheel device.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
lol :rofl:Gone in 60_imp said:I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.
And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.
She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.
If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."GoldOxide_imp said:lol :rofl:Gone in 60_imp said:I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.
And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.
She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.
If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
That is for another day, Gone. Clearly magical uncle enjoyed riding more than one?
I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."Gone in 60_imp said:I don't think I can back-track on this, already shot the works on the story about the Trail 90.. and how I can probably pick up a runner for less than two grand. I don't think I can parlay that into a "Oh yeah, he also had this other bike that's now worth over twenty grand."GoldOxide_imp said:lol :rofl:Gone in 60_imp said:I do dig that fairing and side boxes. I've got the sideburns to match the style. I've really been thinking about a CBX.
And, I see where I might have made a mistake recently. When Mrs. G and I were on vacation last month, I saw a guy tooling along on an old CT90 and got misty-eyed, telling her about how Uncle Wayne had one long ago, and it was the first motorcycle I ever rode on, sitting on the back as he rode to town to do his errands.
She saw how sentimental I was getting, and said "Honey, if one of those bikes means so much, maybe you should get one and fix it up." That's a green light for an additional bike in the fleet.
If I had thought about it for a minute, I should have said "Uncle Wayne had this old Honda CBX... first bike I ever rode on..." and started tearing up a bit.
That is for another day, Gone. Clearly magical uncle enjoyed riding more than one?


... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?Gone in 60_imp said:Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.
A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
It underwent a mid-80s cost-no-object restoration, so naturally yes, it has Jensen 6x9s.GoldOxide_imp said:... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?Gone in 60_imp said:Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.
A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
Ja. Get the two door.Gone in 60_imp said:It underwent a mid-80s cost-no-object restoration, so naturally yes, it has Jensen 6x9s.GoldOxide_imp said:... with classic 6x9 Jensen speakers?Gone in 60_imp said:Thank you very much for your confidence in my persuasion abilities, Cormanus, but there are bigger fish frying in the pan right now...
I'm going through my mid-life crisis, and I want my high school Dodge Dart that holds so many memories.
A good friend has two of them, and is planning a cross-country move, which would involve thinning his hoard of Pentastars. I'm on a roll with Mrs. G with the sentimentality, the hopeful puppy-dog eyes, etc. I have preliminary approval, as one of them is a '65 convertible that she took a shine to last time we visited said friends... this dog needs to chase that car at the moment.
My friend is trying to get me interested in his '71 Newport. But, I don't think I have the mutton chops for it, and other than the B52s song, I don't have an existential connection to it. And being as big as a whale, no doubt it would push everything, including all three of my bikes, out of the garage.
Yes, yes, I get it. The sound of a CBX inline six richocheting off of a row of office buildings on both sides of me would be more intoxicating than the sound of a Dodge Slant Six, I have preliminary spousal approval on the latter.GoldOxide_imp said:... from destruction is born resurrection (like Phoenix?).
Just imagine: That wind-up through the L.A. core avenues, Gone.