1975 CB750K5

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Got this from a friend. Left in the barn for many years, then in 2009 decided to see if it would run and maybe clean it up a little. One thing led to another, and pretty soon it turned into a full restoration.

Before
19f4eedbf71b8e4ac155cb11e35fdbdb.jpg


28948dbdaff07581d7a075eedebc6a1e.jpg


50e4d2c6fb5fa38d8548902b99432574.jpg


After
8c0b389e283f1fe9e80353726d46c618.jpg


0416da31d6310ed567785f83c51fc28d.jpg


a0c4360cd0980c0df95e9a2230bceb92.jpg


556796f7c58bfc02b749f802eafd6589.jpg
 
Great build! I had one back in the day! Just built a 79 cbx ground up! I know the work you have in the bike. Again job well done! Nice shop you have also :)
Michael
 
That thing looks spectacular. Any idea what a project like that costs? Also, were there a large number of new parts needed, or could most of the old stuff be reused or reconditioned?
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. Project took me about 17 months. Most of that time was consumed finding NOS/OEM parts.

Jim, I've got just over $5900 into the restoration. The engine was completely disassembled, inspected and new parts installed where needed. All replacement parts are NOS. When I got the bike (16yrs ago), I purchased a new seat, front fender & exhaust. The thought was these items would become obsolete. The hardest parts to source was the rear inner fender & the rubber license plate snubber on the rear fender.

Kitch, when I was ready to mount new tires; K70's weren't available, so I went with the Duro's. They have a similar tread pattern, in the stock sizes.
 
Beautiful. Next time you are in Sydney drop in. I'll chain you in my garage with a good set of spanners and my Bonnie. It needs some work and you set a high standard.

Cheers, and once again, WELL DONE.
 
If someone had told me back in '75 that a CB750 would become a prized collector bike, I'd have laughed out loud. There were just SO MANY of them.

I wonder what bikes we're riding today that will wind up in the same status?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
If someone had told me back in '75 that a CB750 would become a prized collector bike, I'd have laughed out loud. There were just SO MANY of them.

I wonder what bikes we're riding today that will wind up in the same status?
Similar to early Mustangs - they were ubiquitous and therefore often trashed. And tons of old 750's suffered the same fate, or turned into hideous choppers or whatever. But it seems sometimes an iconic design can overcome the lack of rarity.
 
Razor_imp said:
Thanks guys. Project took me about 17 months. Most of that time was consumed finding NOS/OEM parts.

Jim, I've got just over $5900 into the restoration. The engine was completely disassembled, inspected and new parts installed where needed. All replacement parts are NOS. When I got the bike (16yrs ago), I purchased a new seat, front fender & exhaust. The thought was these items would become obsolete. The hardest parts to source was the rear inner fender & the rubber license plate snubber on the rear fender.

Kitch, when I was ready to mount new tires; K70's weren't available, so I went with the Duro's. They have a similar tread pattern, in the stock sizes.
Are you going to get a CB1100? Or do you already have one? I didn't see one in your sig line.

Note to everyone taking parts off your '13 and '14 CBs: wrap them up and put them away! If you don't want to mess with them, list them here and pass them on to someone who will.
 
Thread starter
The local dealer didn't have a 2014 Standard in stock, so it's on order. Hope to have it in 2-3 weeks.
+1 on saving the original parts. You'd be amazed what they'll be worth in the future.

Honda isn't bashful about raising prices on parts. A rear brake rotor on the Rune went from $110 to $225.
 
Back
Top