177 miles for a steak..aka..a Ribber Run

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
There is a restaurant we like to ride to in Portsmouth Ohio. Full name The Scioto Ribber, we just call it "Ribbers" and about 4 times a year we make the pilgrimage there on our bikes for one of their 16 oz ribeye steak dinners. We call the "Ribber Runs". Beautiful slabs of meat (you can also get chicken or pork) cooked outside over hickory wood and seasoned to perfection. Comes with warm rolls, a potato (baked or sweet), and either beans (baked or green), applesauce or slaw (German or creamy). 177 miles round trip from my house but worth every minute in the saddle as the roads to and from roll thru some of the most beautiful area in southern Ohio, Shawnee State Forest. Forested ridges, sparkling streams and lakes, plenty of elevation changes, lots of curves and very little traffic. Today we did our first Ribber Run of the year. Myself, my younger brother and my son.

Here are some pics



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20011_zps9sftbmxr.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20019_zpsgopbgtmi.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20018_zpseqb9xge4.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20021_zpsw6d4hlzz.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20042_zps55u4llmu.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20043_zps2ahh7b64.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20088_zpsijx1ocpp.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20050_zpsvsyma2qc.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20091_zps4cqtnxcf.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20107_zps2mhgpg8a.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Ribber%20Run%205%2023%202015%20114_zpslkma01sq.jpg.html]

about 60 degrees when we left home, about 80 when we returned. What a great day!
 
Beautiful day for a ride, our skies in NY where just as blue, just a bit windy here. Nothing like a full belly and a good ride, who's has it better than you.
 
Steak and German slaw (Sauerkraut?)! I spent so much time salivating over your narrative I hardly have time to look at the pics before boarding the big white rat (Qantas) for DFW.

Cheers and well done. No, "Cheers and medium-rare".
 
Looks like a good time. You ought to let us know when you want to go sometime. Seems like a good place for a casual meet up.
 
You lead a hard life, Ferret.
 
Ah retirement.... must be nice! I'm actually feeling a little
bit retired this week. Home on vacation and doing 'stuff'... and
liking it! Nice shots Ferret... I'm very jealous!
 
They opened a restaurant in hillsboro several years back and it didn't fly. My wife grew up near portsmouth and we have dined there several times but not lately. It's a good place if I knew when you were making next trip I would love to ride along....
 
How do you go to a place called Ribbers and not have ribs? :P

Note : I'm a big fan of good smoked ribs. I've got about 5 racks in my freezer.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider..their ribs are not traditional ribs, at least as one would think of bar b q slab of ribs with say 6 bones and in between meat. They use a cut that uses part of the tenderloin and looks like a giant pork chop with a single bone. Still tastes good though and they are huge too.
 
Back
Top