Great friend, great ride, great steak

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
When talking with Mtneers at the East Coast Rally I found out that although he had been to Portsmouth Ohio several times, he had never been to the best place on earth (imo) to get a steak, which just so happens to be located in Portsmouth Ohio.

So we decided to meet there. Today all the stars lined up, perfect weather forecast for West Virginia and perfect weather for southern Ohio so we agreed to meet there at 12:30 today, It's about a 2 hour ride for both of us. I got there a little early (duh) and Ron got there right on time, and on his CB no less. It was cold when I took off so I rode the FJR for wind protection.

Mtneers and Ferret at the Scioto Ribber aka RIBBERS

3732556c58f18ee191d81533d211645e.jpg


Steaks on the grill

f4da918f758efba4e955a6e47698c715.jpg


Steaks on our plates ..16 oz Ribeye with baked potato, I had applesauce, Ron had baked beans, and rolls. I also had Sweet tea and Ron had coffee

12d474d289190f5a20bd63977f91709a.jpg


Mtneers about to take another bite of his steak

eb3746b2b0e769b919f140b79d562034.jpg


Had to laugh, I unconsciously said Mmmmm every time I took a bite. Did it about 1/2 dozen times before realizing I was doing it. man, what a great steak.

After lunch, we headed over to the Mural wall. a 1/2 mile long display of dozens of giant murals painted on a flood wall. We stopped and took pics at the one for the Portsmouth Motorcycle Club the Nation's Oldest Cycling Club formed in 1893

12043127b171776585a60bdbc4df2109.jpg


21a17ca82b7cdce197a447bc8da8b584.jpg


After that we said our goodbyes, split up and headed our separate ways home.

Some ride pics..note my ride to and from was thru Shawnee State Forest, a nice curvy, hilly part of southern Ohio, made even better by the perfect weather and fall color change

85ac3e8e2ed494eee8ac5b644a3aff57.jpg


b1ccf43c153003ac7180101c7330cb4d.jpg


bf1aa14a78da08703aecfe803e26d351.jpg


2eef1613ae4369543f78485d9787b773.jpg


8ec5d56cb01b43fda44dc91aee7187f9.jpg


Had a great time Ron, thanks for coming! :thanks:

Hope you enjoyed your ride and your steak!
 
Looks like a great time. And it's definitely a great steak!

@mtneers: I was told to squat down to Ferret level for my Ribber pic. LOL

I'm switching my Rally Location Vote to Ohio if we can eat at Ribbers at least 3 nights.
 
The ferret_imp said:
When talking with Mtneers at the East Coast Rally I found out that although he had been to Portsmouth Ohio several times, he had never been to the best place on earth (imo) to get a steak, which just so happens to be located in Portsmouth Ohio.

So we decided to meet there. Today all the stars lined up, perfect weather forecast for West Virginia and perfect weather for southern Ohio so we agreed to meet there at 12:30 today, It's about a 2 hour ride for both of us. I got there a little early (duh) and Ron got there right on time, and on his CB no less. It was cold when I took off so I rode the FJR for wind protection.

Mtneers and Ferret at the Scioto Ribber aka RIBBERS

3732556c58f18ee191d81533d211645e.jpg


Steaks on the grill

f4da918f758efba4e955a6e47698c715.jpg


Steaks on our plates ..16 oz Ribeye with baked potato, I had applesauce, Ron had baked beans, and rolls. I also had Sweet tea and Ron had coffee

12d474d289190f5a20bd63977f91709a.jpg


Mtneers about to take another bite of his steak

eb3746b2b0e769b919f140b79d562034.jpg


Had to laugh, I unconsciously said Mmmmm every time I took a bite. Did it about 1/2 dozen times before realizing I was doing it. man, what a great steak.

After lunch, we headed over to the Mural wall. a 1/2 mile long display of dozens of giant murals painted on a flood wall. We stopped and took pics at the one for the Portsmouth Motorcycle Club the Nation's Oldest Cycling Club formed in 1893

12043127b171776585a60bdbc4df2109.jpg


21a17ca82b7cdce197a447bc8da8b584.jpg


After that we said our goodbyes, split up and headed our separate ways home.

Some ride pics..note my ride to and from was thru Shawnee State Forest, a nice curvy, hilly part of southern Ohio, made even better by the perfect weather and fall color change

85ac3e8e2ed494eee8ac5b644a3aff57.jpg


b1ccf43c153003ac7180101c7330cb4d.jpg


bf1aa14a78da08703aecfe803e26d351.jpg


2eef1613ae4369543f78485d9787b773.jpg


8ec5d56cb01b43fda44dc91aee7187f9.jpg


Had a great time Ron, thanks for coming! :thanks:

Hope you enjoyed your ride and your steak!

It was an all around fantastic day...the friendship, the food and the ride. Had to make one more stop before heading home...

(Note to self: Next time you take off for a ride that includes at least 30 interstate miles and the temp is below 50 degrees, take the Goldwing
525abe42a1bc120eb044615bb587d1fd.png
)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
When talking with Mtneers at the East Coast Rally I found out that although he had been to Portsmouth Ohio several times, he had never been to the best place on earth (imo) to get a steak, which just so happens to be located in Portsmouth Ohio.

So we decided to meet there. Today all the stars lined up, perfect weather forecast for West Virginia and perfect weather for southern Ohio so we agreed to meet there at 12:30 today, It's about a 2 hour ride for both of us. I got there a little early (duh) and Ron got there right on time, and on his CB no less. It was cold when I took off so I rode the FJR for wind protection.

Mtneers and Ferret at the Scioto Ribber aka RIBBERS

3732556c58f18ee191d81533d211645e.jpg


Steaks on the grill

f4da918f758efba4e955a6e47698c715.jpg


Steaks on our plates ..16 oz Ribeye with baked potato, I had applesauce, Ron had baked beans, and rolls. I also had Sweet tea and Ron had coffee

12d474d289190f5a20bd63977f91709a.jpg


Mtneers about to take another bite of his steak

eb3746b2b0e769b919f140b79d562034.jpg


Had to laugh, I unconsciously said Mmmmm every time I took a bite. Did it about 1/2 dozen times before realizing I was doing it. man, what a great steak.

After lunch, we headed over to the Mural wall. a 1/2 mile long display of dozens of giant murals painted on a flood wall. We stopped and took pics at the one for the Portsmouth Motorcycle Club the Nation's Oldest Cycling Club formed in 1893

12043127b171776585a60bdbc4df2109.jpg


21a17ca82b7cdce197a447bc8da8b584.jpg


After that we said our goodbyes, split up and headed our separate ways home.

Some ride pics..note my ride to and from was thru Shawnee State Forest, a nice curvy, hilly part of southern Ohio, made even better by the perfect weather and fall color change

85ac3e8e2ed494eee8ac5b644a3aff57.jpg


b1ccf43c153003ac7180101c7330cb4d.jpg


bf1aa14a78da08703aecfe803e26d351.jpg


2eef1613ae4369543f78485d9787b773.jpg


8ec5d56cb01b43fda44dc91aee7187f9.jpg


Had a great time Ron, thanks for coming! :thanks:

Hope you enjoyed your ride and your steak!

It was an all around fantastic day...the friendship, the food and the ride. Had to make one more stop before heading home...

(Note to self: Next time you take off for a ride that includes at least 30 interstate miles and the temp is below 50 degrees, take the Goldwing
56f21f143937125b9a8a45f3c7797756.png
)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or a sweater ;)
 
Pretty fall colors all around, nice curvy roads, good food and company I'm sure, what a beautiful day!

Question: Mtneers' bike: is that a Canadian bike? Or a '14 Standard with aftermarket pipes?
 
pdedse_imp said:
Pretty fall colors all around, nice curvy roads, good food and company I'm sure, what a beautiful day!

Question: Mtneers' bike: is that a Canadian bike? Or a '14 Standard with aftermarket pipes?

It’s a Usa 2014 with a Canadian tank, OEM color matched side covers with aftermarket Wyvern “4 into 4’s”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Pretty fall colors all around, nice curvy roads, good food and company I'm sure, what a beautiful day!

Question: Mtneers' bike: is that a Canadian bike? Or a '14 Standard with aftermarket pipes?

It’s a Usa 2014 with a Canadian tank, OEM color matched side covers with aftermarket Wyvern “4 into 4’s”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a Usa 2014 with a Canadian tank, OEM color matched side covers with aftermarket Wyvern “4 into 4’s”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS. The tank was purchased from peterbaron. I’ve never received any shipment so meticulously wrapped and packaged.
a0c64bd372d7e821f622166c066fd226.png
Several aftermarket vendors could learn from him.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Shortly after my lunch meetup with “The Ferret”, my wife kept dropping hints about eating at “The Ribber” restaurant. So, we took off Saturday and headed to Portsmouth for lunch and a little antique shopping on Second Street. It was just as good this time as the last. Quick service and great hospitality. I don’t what their secret is, but they have grilling steak down to an art. Having learned the portion size, we split a 16 oz. New York strip and it was plenty for both of us. It won’t be the last time we visit. She hasn’t ridden with me since I owned a ‘74 Honda CB450 in my college days, so we took the car and also visited the flood wall murals.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top