15 Great Roads

i've ridden all but 4, 8, 10 and 15 and they are all indeed great motorcycle roads.

Hey the good news is, I was reading the list to my wife who plans on retiring next year and she says " well we need to hit the rest of them". Woohoo
 
2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 11 for me. I would love to do them all one day.
Hard for me to believe this list does not include the "Three Sisters" in the Texas Hill Country.
 
Blow me down! I've ridden three of them: 2, 3, and 7.
 
Curly...yes it is. Ridden that too.

Btw Beartooth is my wife's favorite road in the country so far. Almost like riding in the Alps.
 
Thread starter
It's a long and winding road we venture down when we opine on what was omitted from a list like this. Long and winding roads are kind of fun, though.

I think I'm going to create a pin map for my garage wall that will mark these roads and a few others so I remember to include them in any rides I take in their vicinities.
 
I used to ride Skyline boulevard on the San Francisco peninsula when I lived there 32 years back. Alice's restaurant was a great motorcycle hangout up there.

92d15064bc9de5cba51b6dbe7c79138b.jpg


hooligans riding up to and on skyline blvd. Lol, I thought double yellow lines meant no passing.

 
There are many many roads in this country I have enjoyed riding that will never make anyones list. They are not famous. Motorcyclists to not flock to them. Just very enjoyable roads linking one insignificant place with another insignificant place. I love riding in Wisconsin, Minnesota and the UP of Michigan, 3 states rarely mentioned on great places to ride lists, but there is something appealing about the desolation in the north woods.

West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania have some wonderful areas to ride in without the fame and the traffic associated with being a " known" place, and my home state of Ohio, especially the southern half has some awesome roads to ride a motorcycle on.
 
I think every state has many great roads. They don't have to be technical or challenging; beautiful and soothing of the soul are enough.
 
The ferret_imp said:
There are many many roads in this country I have enjoyed riding that will never make anyones list. They are not famous. Motorcyclists to not flock to them. Just very enjoyable roads linking one insignificant place with another insignificant place. I love riding in Wisconsin, Minnesota and the UP of Michigan, 3 states rarely mentioned on great places to ride lists, but there is something appealing about the desolation in the north woods.

West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania have some wonderful areas to ride in without the fame and the traffic associated with being a " known" place, and my home state of Ohio, especially the southern half has some awesome roads to ride a motorcycle on.
Agreed. I've ridden 6 on the list, but can think of some fantastic roads that few will probably ever ride. I've found that back roads that go nowhere in particular, without towns and traffic, are some of the most enjoyable to ride. One of my favorites is Colorado 139 between Loma and Rangely.

eb7fde642419489a2fe20b58a72c21b5.jpg
 
Back
Top