'14 Honda Luggage Rack does not fit the '14 Deluxe

Yesterday a box with goodies from Mr. T. arrived (very fast shipping as usual).
I fitted the chrome chain guard, perfect.
The Honda OEM engine protectors are ok but not much room to put highway pegs on if you want to do that.
I will probably put slightly bigger ones on down the road , the Over ones do not fit the DLX.
The Honda OEM rack is more of a pain to put on ,instructions only in Japanese and on the DLX you do not need the front spacers.
The worst part is that the rack was not completely "straight" I had to put longer "draw bolts " in to get it to fit.
This could be a one of thing but the company making these for Honda should do better.
I had a lot less fitting problems getting the 2013 rack fitted last year on my 2013.
 
Thank you VERY much Popgun, that was really useful as my Japanese is not so good.
Now I just need a small Japanese woman for putting things were my big hands do not fit.
To keep nuts on a wrench I put some painters tape on the back to keep them in place when having to put them behind something with not much room.
 
Houtman,

You have to email Takashi for the small Japanese woman...
 
That is a very good idea and I bet you that he will do it quickly ,shipping is no big problem for him.
He should put a nice selection of models available on his website.
 
After printing the rack instructions in English (thanks again Popgun)
it was very easy to put the rack on.
Best to put some painters tape on indicators to protect them .
If you install the rack I think that the English instructions are a must.
It will save you a lot of time.
This is the thing I like about this great Forum , their are plenty of people willing to give good advise.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Thank you VERY much Popgun, that was really useful as my Japanese is not so good.
Now I just need a small Japanese woman for putting things were my big hands do not fit.
To keep nuts on a wrench I put some painters tape on the back to keep them in place when having to put them behind something with not much room.
Will this nice Japanese lady do?

965391085d4ad591c1bc9a947feeff3e.jpg
 
CB,

Works for me!! Need some rubber thingies first...
 
CONFIRMATION:

2013 Rack P/N: 08L70-MGC-A20 (For Canadian 2014 CB1100A)

For owners of the Canadian 2014 CB1100A, the 2013 OEM Honda Rack is the one that fits our bikes as our frame differs from the 2014 Deluxe. I should have taken a picture, but I already strapped on my OGIO tail bag, so there is not a lot to see.

The following installation link worked very well:
OEM Rear Rack- Fitting

The above link was especially useful as Honda did not include any instructions whatsoever in the carton.
I think that I paid a fair price: $247 U.S. from Honda East Superstore, in Toledo, Ohio (who thankfully ship USPS).

There is not a lot of clearance to the tail lite, maybe 1/2", but this rack looks like it belongs on this bike!
The 2014 OEM Rack would likely fit as well, but it would be tilted skyward at a crazy angle.
 
furious_blue_imp said:
I just returned from my dealer after the 2nd failed attempt to get a rack onto my Deluxe (!).

Attempt #1 failed because the '13 rack (that was on my '13) does not fit the '14 Deluxe.

So the dealer ordered the Honda rack listed for the '14.

Attempt #2 failed because the rack listed for the '14 does NOT fit (we double checked all the part numbers)...

They are getting in touch with Honda about it...
I also have a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe - I ordered the Honda luggage rack and was able to fit it to my bike. It did take some experimenting-but as I recall, I had to remove some shims-and utilize the silver spacers between the rack and the rails.
Hope this helps. Don
 
I fitted the 2014 Honda rack on my 2014 DLX with no problems BUT have the instructions in English on hand .
Than it is a piece of cake.
 
somebody who still has the torque settings of the bolts?
or perhaps a copy of the instructions?

there was a link posted on the board, but it does not work...

I threw away the first page of the instructions for my EX (DLX in the States) wich contained the torque settings and the instructions for the STD and only kept the second page wich contained the instructions for the EX/DLX version.


Thx.
 
Rico, check the other thread. I told you how to make the link work just now. Good luck!
 
All right! Never tried that...

I never had any problem logging in as user though.

I do not know why that link goes to the session time out page. I copied that link from the home page, but, well, I don't know.

Once you get your bike selected, you can scroll in the accessories for it and there is a .pdf you can print or save or look at.
 
Back
Top