Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Or just order one from Samurider.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It's $295 shipped from him, which is probably what I'll do, but it'd be nice if Honda USA started stocking it. Presumably it's part number 08L70-MGC-N40, which is what samurider sells.Lord Popgun_imp said:Or just order one from Samurider.
I'm very interested in this issue too.Gumby 1100_imp said:Has anyone confirmed yet which rack fits the 2014 Canadian CB1100A?
The U.S. Honda site shows that the rack from '13 fits the '14 base model CB1100 (rack #: 08L70-MGC-A20)
The U.S. Honda site shows nothing available for the '14 DLX, but Samurider shows rack #: 08L70-MGC-N40
Givi shows their rack #: SR1118 as fitting both '13 & '14 models (maybe because it mounts differently, under the grab rail).
Comparing photos, it does appear that the grab rail on the '14s is mounted at a less extreme angle than the '13s. Therefore, a '13 rack might hit the tail light on a '14 and/or not align with the holes in the grab rail.
So, can anyone resolve the confusion?
Can any Canadian advise definitively which rack fits our '14 model?
Thanks in advance!
The Canadian model also has different seats and grab rails than the U.S. DLX which may further complicate matters.newhemi_imp said:Samurider indicates a rack for the '13 and a separate one for the '14, no mention about Deluxe, think all 14's fit '14, whether canadian or not. The canadian model difference is fuel tank and exhaust, we have ABS as standard, only differences I see.
What we need then, is to confirm if the Canadian model is a "decontented" DLX or an "accessorised" Basic. Considering that Honda has three separate frame numbers for 2014, the Canadian model could be "none of the above".RetroSeattle_imp said:Folks - the 2013 and 2014 base model (black version) use the same luggage rack. The 2014 Deluxe uses a completely different rack, which I have bought from Samurider and installed. US Honda is clueless on this issue. I have in my hand the 2014 Japan accessories brochure, and it shows the Deluxe part number as 08L70-MGC-N40. I am attaching a photo of this rack installed on my 2014 Deluxe.
Ferret- there are no chrome instrument cups offered for the 2014 Deluxe, according to the Honda Japan brochure.
Let's hope so! But I would rather not have to ship a rack back to Japan if it doesn't fit the Canadian model.newhemi_imp said:Contacted the people at Samurider and they told me the '14 rack fits the '14 canadian model.
Elipten_imp said:Ferret, NO CHROME COVERS! Guess you will just have to sell it to me at a loss. The shame of it.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far I only know of RetroSeattle who has installed the '14 rack but it is on a '14 U.S. Deluxe which may differ from the '14 Canadian model.newhemi_imp said:Has anyone tried the 2014 rack yet on the 14 models, has been no follow up on this.
I'd bet money that it's not going to clear the taillight on the 2014 Deluxe. Feel free to buy it and let us know, but it looks like it sits just above the taillight on the 2013, and with the different grab bar angle on the 2014 deluxe, I bet the tail light is in the way, and even if you removed the taillight, the rack would slope down and aft rather than being level.berck_imp said:I'd bet money that it's not going to clear the taillight on the 2014 Deluxe. Feel free to buy it and let us know, but it looks like it sits just above the taillight on the 2013, and with the different grab bar angle on the 2014 deluxe, I bet the tail light is in the way, and even if you removed the taillight, the rack would slope down and aft rather than being level.evanworld_imp said:What about the Givi SR118 case - about to pull the trigger on this chrome rack for 14 DLX
Personally, I'm not buying another rack for the 2014 Deluxe unless it's (a) clearly different than the 2013-2014 standard, or (b) you guys say it fits!
Oh, and not to mention that the grab bar width seems different. That is, if you use the spacers that stand the grab bar out from the mounting holes like they currently are, you cannot fit the rack around them. If you remove those spacers, you can, but then the grab bar will be tucked in much more...