'14 Honda Luggage Rack does not fit the '14 Deluxe

furious_blue_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I just returned from my dealer after the 2nd failed attempt to get a rack onto my Deluxe (!).

Attempt #1 failed because the '13 rack (that was on my '13) does not fit the '14 Deluxe.

So the dealer ordered the Honda rack listed for the '14.

Attempt #2 failed because the rack listed for the '14 does NOT fit (we double checked all the part numbers)...

They are getting in touch with Honda about it...
 
Is this the part number: 08L70-MGC-N40 ?

Its listed on samurider as fitting the EX and DLX
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is this the part number: 08L70-MGC-N40 ?

Its listed on samurider as fitting the EX and DLX
I should have thought to write down the number. We looked at the Honda catalogue to verify that the listing for the '14 rack matched the number on the shipping box, it did.

If anyone else has experience with this, that it fit or did not fit, please do tell !
 
hmm my dealer did not have a listing on 14 acc as of last week, only for the 13s

if your dealer has 14 numbers get me the number for the chrome cups for the instruments..please
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
hmm my dealer did not have a listing on 14 acc as of last week, only for the 13s

if your dealer has 14 numbers get me the number for the chrome cups for the instruments..please
The sheet that he had only had (from memory):
Luggage Rack
Tank protector (from what I could make out)
Engine guards
 
Thread starter
Panama Biker_imp said:
Just in case... FYI... the Headlight Case KIT Part #: 08F71-MGC-D30 DOES NOT FIT THE DELUXE either..... :(
Dang.. engineers gone wild !
I guess they could almost say: 'we started model year '14 with a clean slate !'.
 
Interesting. I have a '13 and ordered a rack from Samurider. Takashi told me the '14 rack would fit on the '13. Haven't tried to mount it yet. I'll post a follow up when I get around to mounting the rack.
 
The last time I checked guys... a few days ago... there was NO listing for any accessory's on Honda's
USA website for the 2014 CB1100's. The 2013's... yes... but not the 2014's. The last time I was at
the dealer I saw him go on the internet... what appeared to be what we have access to... and he
said it's not out yet. I bought by '13 on June 1st last year and the next week the accessory's
became available. I think the new 2014's came out about the same time as last years 2013's... so
I bet the new accessory's become available by mid June. And the sooner the better... my dealer
owes me one, plus installation, after what they put me through when I traded last month.
CDN_RIDER_imp said:
Interesting. I have a '13 and ordered a rack from Samurider. Takashi told me the '14 rack would fit on the '13. Haven't tried to mount it yet. I'll post a follow up when I get around to mounting the rack.
Maybe the '14 standard has the same frame as the '13 and that's what he means. But the '13 rack will not fit the '14 DLX.
 
So very annoyed. I should have payed more attention to this before I ordered a rack from my dealer. They, of course, ordered a '13 rack for my '14 deluxe, and of course, it does not fit. I was originally planning on the Honda top case, but at $730 shipped for the top case + rack, I decided that was too much money. Saw Spaceman's post about the Shad SH29 and ordered one of those instead. But now I have no rack to mount it on. So now I have an SH29 coming in, and I'm wondering if I should just return to the original option of ordering the Honda topcase. The rack alone is $230, so probably $300ish shipped, which means I'm looking at $400 total for the shad case... An extra $300 gets me the Honda one instead.

Any other ideas? I liked the hepco becker xplorer as well, but I don't see any US source for it, and I'm not sure anyone else a rack for that for the 2014 deluxe?
 
Samurider has the 14 deluxe rack I think. Honda dealers will have them soon the shad case is a good one did you get the mount plate with it ? If so it can be mounted to any rack. Maybe with little mods
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Samurider has the 14 deluxe rack I think. Honda dealers will have them soon the shad case is a good one did you get the mount plate with it ? If so it can be mounted to any rack. Maybe with little mods
Hmm. I did not specifically order a mount plate, I sort of thought it would come with whatever I needed to mount it. I'd gladly mount it to whatever rack if I could just find one for sale in the US that fits the '14 Deluxe. Thus far I see nothing that's likely to work. Everything says it's for "2013-2014", but I'm guessing that's because they don't realize the grab bar angle has changed.

Samurider's price on the rack is $230 + shipping. I'm guessing that if I'm going to pay shipping from Japan, I should just buy the top case from him too. The $730 shipped quote I mentioned was from him, and that was for the rack and the top case shipped. Haven't asked him what the price of the rack alone shipped is.

Also not sure what cycleluggage's return policy is. Or how much I'm going to have to fight with my dealer to get them to take the rack back.
 
evanworld_imp said:
What about the Givi SR118 case - about to pull the trigger on this chrome rack for 14 DLX
I'd bet money that it's not going to clear the taillight on the 2014 Deluxe. Feel free to buy it and let us know, but it looks like it sits just above the taillight on the 2013, and with the different grab bar angle on the 2014 deluxe, I bet the tail light is in the way, and even if you removed the taillight, the rack would slope down and aft rather than being level.

Personally, I'm not buying another rack for the 2014 Deluxe unless it's (a) clearly different than the 2013-2014 standard, or (b) you guys say it fits!
Oh, and not to mention that the grab bar width seems different. That is, if you use the spacers that stand the grab bar out from the mounting holes like they currently are, you cannot fit the rack around them. If you remove those spacers, you can, but then the grab bar will be tucked in much more...
 
Thread starter
My Dealer called me back and said that he found what he is sure is the correct rack, in a European Honda catalogue listed for a '14 'CB1100SA'. I didn't get a part number.
He said that the pictures show the rack and a special mounting kit with what look like some triangular shaped offsets, presumably these offsets are meant to raise the rear of the rack over the taillight.
Said that he had a little back and forth with his Honda rep about getting that rack (with kit) into the U.S..
 
Back
Top