13 vs 14 handlebars

HWdesign_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
hi

I see that the part numbers are different for the OEM bars on 13 and 14 bikes.

I have a 13 and might buy a set of 14 bars. They look this same but does anyone know the difference?

Thanks
 
I think? that switch positioning holes are drilled out at different location... + possible more.
 
PB is right on the switch holes because Honda redesigned the switches in 2014 moving the horn to the middle and t/s to the bottom ... deluxe bars are 1/2" taller too
 
HWdesign_imp said:
thanks

If anyone has a 2013 set of bars to sell I'm interested.
If it's a set of 2013 bars you want, HigginsNYC has a pair for sale in the Classified section. He's in NY also.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
HWdesign_imp said:
thanks

If anyone has a 2013 set of bars to sell I'm interested.
If it's a set of 2013 bars you want, HigginsNYC has a pair for sale in the Classified section. He's in NY also.
If it's a set of 2013 bars you want, HigginsNYC has a pair for sale in the Classified section. He's in NY also.
Thanks!!
 
Sorry for the bump.

Longshot, but is it possible to buy flat bars to for a 2013 with the holes predrilled?

Ive drilled bars in the past but no longer have access to a big clamp and mounted drill
 
Not exactly sure I am in the right area. I am going to install a Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer, but I need to know of the dimensions of the inside diameter of the bars. Are all the CB1100 handlebars the same size.
 
spartanheed_imp said:
Sorry for the bump.

Longshot, but is it possible to buy flat bars to for a 2013 with the holes predrilled?

Ive drilled bars in the past but no longer have access to a big clamp and mounted drill
Not sure how low a bar you want, but remember there has to be clearance for your hands and the switch with the tank. Also, there needs to be a fair amount of straight portion of the bar, or the master cylinders may be forced into the arc of the bar, and the lever will sit wonky. And remember, there are internal handlebar dampers on the inside end.

There isn't a standard for drilled switch holes. If any bars have a good chance of fitting, the 599 and 919 Hornets do. the 599 bars should be cheaper, as they were made in Italy. Also remember to measure the spacing of the clamps. 919 are the same, not sure of 599.
Crossfire_imp said:
Not exactly sure I am in the right area. I am going to install a Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer, but I need to know of the dimensions of the inside diameter of the bars. Are all the CB1100 handlebars the same size.
Remember, there are internal handlebar dampers on the inside end on both ends, so you will be dislodging one at least. Should be about 20-20.2 mm I.D. on all CB1100 bars.
 
Crossfire_imp said:
Not exactly sure I am in the right area. I am going to install a Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer, but I need to know of the dimensions of the inside diameter of the bars. Are all the CB1100 handlebars the same size.
I had the Kaoko throttle lock on my '13 CB and used it a couple of times on my long distance/1000 miles+ and did not like it, due to "lock nut" type design...but that's me.
So when I sold my '13 CB it went with it instead of being transferred onto m'14 CB.
Yes, as PD mentioned, you will have to get rid of R-side dumper.
If memory serves me good, the 2013 handlebar ID was 17.5 mm, not 19.5 mm??
You need to order a correct Kaoko according to your year, model bike to avoid any frustration with fitment.
Some helpful links about this product and opinions. Hope this helps.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9605&highlight=kaoko
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11140&highlight=kaoko
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15542&highlight=kaoko
Kaoko | Motorcycle Cruise Controls & Throttle Stabilizers
Google Search
 
Crossfire_imp said:
Not exactly sure I am in the right area. I am going to install a Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer, but I need to know of the dimensions of the inside diameter of the bars. Are all the CB1100 handlebars the same size.
Hey Crossfire: I currently use the Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer and really like it for long stretches.

I wish I had it on the CB1100.
 
if abyone is looking i have a nice set of type 2 bars that came with my 2014 when i bought it and they are too low id sell them or trade for all the oem weights and bar ends to put mine back to oem
 
Back
Top