?13 Change the clock?

Jalsar27_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi all,

Had a great “shake it off” ride today. After I dropped my bike the other day, I wanted to get back on right away. Alright, not right away. After my scraped leg and sore thigh felt better.

Beautiful ride this morning—‘Cept one problem. How do I change the clock?

Now it’s an hour off and driving me nuts!

I’ve got a ‘13, not sure if that makes a difference for what’s on the instruments.
 
Push and hold both buttons for about 3 seconds.
Hour on clock will start flashing.
Use the right button to increase hours (you can only go forward).
Push the left button to shift to minutes. Minutes will start flashing.
Use right button to increase minutes.

When you've got the correct time, hold down both buttons for 3 seconds, until the minutes stop flashing.

Thanks for asking the question. My clock has been off by about 10 hrs., since I unplugged the meters several months ago. Your post gave me an excuse to go out and reset the clock and verify the procedure. :thumbsup:
 
A timely question.
 
:rofl:

I did the clock, the stove, the microwave, both my bikes, my truck and my wife's Highlander.
 
I hate Daylight Robbing Time. It was gray all day and dark at 5. If I ruled the world it would be Eastern Retired Time. Dawn would be when I wake up after sleeping in. The day would be long enough for me to grill steaks or lamb chops all winter long.

I reset: 2 radio alarm clocks, the thermostat, a wall clock, the microwave oven, the stove, both cell phones, a laptop computer, BOSE radio, my Casio watch that I seldom wear, the car, and the base that corrects 6 portable phones. The only things that self corrected themselves were the TV receivers, my desk top computer, and an I-Pad. But the I-Pad put me through the ringer since we moved and have a new WiFi address. What are the chances I would remember my modem password, as well as, the User ID and password of a 5 year old I-Pad I seldom use.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I hate Daylight Robbing Time. It was gray all day and dark at 5. If I ruled the world it would be Eastern Retired Time. Dawn would be when I wake up after sleeping in. The day would be long enough for me to grill steaks or lamb chops all winter long.

I reset: 2 radio alarm clocks, the thermostat, a wall clock, the microwave oven, the stove, both cell phones, a laptop computer, BOSE radio, my Casio watch that I seldom wear, the car, and the base that corrects 6 portable phones. The only things that self corrected themselves were the TV receivers, my desk top computer, and an I-Pad. But the I-Pad put me through the ringer since we moved and have a new WiFi address. What are the chances I would remember my modem password, as well as, the User ID and password of a 5 year old I-Pad I seldom use.
LOL!
Ditto
My dad called it daylight slaving time
 
I'm no fan of day light savings time either and would prefer Utah go the route that Arizona has gone (no seasonal adjustments for time). would prefer to have the light at the END of the day after I get home vs at the beginning when I'm at work.

I don't adjust anything that doesn't do it automatically. I don't wear a watch. In 6 months it will be correct again. I think the wife adjusts the stove and microwave.

I ride home heading due east from work and since the time adjustment it puts the sun right near/on the horizon behind me so people heading west now lose me in the sun. That's a very dangerous proposition for me or anybody else on a bike so I'm prob going to start driving the truck from now on for the commute (14mpg vs 43). Not to mention that by the time I get home, change, and go to walk the dog it's practically dark.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I'm no fan of day light savings time either and would prefer Utah go the route that Arizona has gone (no seasonal adjustments for time). would prefer to have the light at the END of the day after I get home vs at the beginning when I'm at work.

I don't adjust anything that doesn't do it automatically. I don't wear a watch. In 6 months it will be correct again. I think the wife adjusts the stove and microwave.

I ride home heading due east from work and since the time adjustment it puts the sun right near/on the horizon behind me so people heading west now lose me in the sun. That's a very dangerous proposition for me or anybody else on a bike so I'm prob going to start driving the truck from now on for the commute (14mpg vs 43). Not to mention that by the time I get home, change, and go to walk the dog it's practically dark.
There’s something here I don’t understand. The whole point of daylight saving time is to shift the clock so there is effectively more daylight at the end of the day. The nearer the equator you get the less useful it becomes as the less twilight there is.

Frulk, forgive me, but it sounds to me like you want to stay on DAST rather than have to put your clock back to standard time.

Or am I missing something?
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I hate Daylight Robbing Time. It was gray all day and dark at 5. If I ruled the world it would be Eastern Retired Time. Dawn would be when I wake up after sleeping in. The day would be long enough for me to grill steaks or lamb chops all winter long.

I reset: 2 radio alarm clocks, the thermostat, a wall clock, the microwave oven, the stove, both cell phones, a laptop computer, BOSE radio, my Casio watch that I seldom wear, the car, and the base that corrects 6 portable phones. The only things that self corrected themselves were the TV receivers, my desk top computer, and an I-Pad. But the I-Pad put me through the ringer since we moved and have a new WiFi address. What are the chances I would remember my modem password, as well as, the User ID and password of a 5 year old I-Pad I seldom use.
Yikes! As a 37 year resident of Arizona (we don't change clocks) I feel bad for you. The only problem I have with Daylight Savings Time is that many of the on-screen guides on the TV tend to be off by an hour for a few weeks after the time changes.
 
We don't change clocks here in Queensland, either. The one down side I've found is that, in the summer, listening to national radio stations by streaming means they're an hour ahead. Curiously, if you listen to them on a digital receiver, they're at local time. I don't understand why.
 
The advantage of DST in the winter is that the sun rises sooner warming and drying the roads. Actually the sun does not change, we just get up an hour later.

This is an example when we worked. On December 6th the sun would rise at 7:27 DST. So we drove on increasing warm and dry roads during daylight hours. If the clocks were not changed, on December 6th the sunrise would rise at 8:27 EST. As we would leave for work before that, the roads might be slippery from an over night snowfall and we are driving in the dark.

Driving home it may be dark. But the city and traffic have plowed the roads and the sun has had all day to melt the snow and dry the roads.

If continues to snow all day, the traffic is at a crawl reducing the risk of accidents. Unfortunately it takes twice as long to get home and you have a late supper. Unless you were as smart as Penny and Paul. They only drove a short distance to their favourite uptown Italian restaurant. After slowly munching down the city's best Italian food and Caesar Salad along with a bottle of fine wine, they drove home fat and happy on empty plowed streets.
 
Back
Top