alprider
Road warrior
Thread starter
after the 500 now the 1100
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
pdedse_imp said:..."it devours curves--one by one"... I think that's going to be my litmus test for all future motorcycle purchases...
salesman: "blah-blah-blah-blah-blaaah--
Me: "yeah, but does it devour curves?"
salesman: "you know it does!"
Me, raising eyebrows: "one by one?"
If I get blank look right there, I'm out.
I don't think it was shot on Angeles Crest Highway - too much traffic to close down. Lots of other local canyon roads with less traffic and better scenery.Gone in 60_imp said:I took two curves at once at Willow Springs a few years ago, and ended up in the gravel.
Watched the video, and saw that they went down the check list of badd-azz motorcycle filming spots in L.A.
Arts District, down by the train tracks... Check
Fourth Street Bridge... Check (Can't use the Sixth, was torn down a few years ago)
Overhead drone shot featuring downtown skyscrapers... Check
Twisty road... Check. Must have filmed on Angeles Crest before the fires, no good showing the motorcycle riding through a blackened moonscape.
Must have run out of daylight or budget before they could do the obligatory Malibu shot with the beach in the background.
GoldOxide_imp said:Curious indeed, but not unexpected. This has been rumored for months.
It has a modified version of the Africa Twin mill and the bowling ball reliable transmission.
With less weight than average similar class beasts, it might gather some meaningful attention.
Hmmm, I like the looks. Should go like heck out of the gate ...
Too bad it is too low for me.
I would be inclined to consign it to the pekingduck hall of fame, even though I admire the Photoshop skill that inseminated, gestated and gave birth to it.pekingduck_imp said:There's something I like about this version.