1100 Four and Diamond Emblem Mod

There's something missing for the modern age.

 
Thread starter
If you can find me one of those as an emblem that I can take a dremel to, I'd be interested. Stickers are too easy. :D
 
Yeah. I need to clean out my shed. I'll see what I can find. :D
 
Hey JPX..Your sidecovers are really nice but I'm interested in your bikes seat. Is it as comfy as it looks? Will it slip on my 2013 without any mods,what did it cost and where did you get it? Thanks.
 
Thread starter
LouA_imp said:
Hey JPX..Your sidecovers are really nice but I'm interested in your bikes seat. Is it as comfy as it looks? Will it slip on my 2013 without any mods,what did it cost and where did you get it? Thanks.
Lou, I got the seat from Samurider.com and it was 60000 yen which at the current exchange rate is around $500. Check pages 1 and 3 of the link in my signature and that may answer some of your questions. I'm almost positive that all of the standards models are identical so i would think it would fit.

When asking for a quote i sent this information:

K&H Hi Seat with Tuck Roll for 2014 Standard (non-Deluxe): http://www.samurider.com/?p=13103
Option 1: 70kg
Option 2: Tandem Belt
 
JPX..That is a little steeper then I thought,then again my birthday is coming up! Thanks for getting back...LouA
 
JPX...very cool! (Man, I wish I had the time many of you guys seem to have; I'm lucky to get to ride mine, much less re-design it!!!).
 
That's absolutely sweet. Nice attention to detail and looks like it should be there. Much better that the sticker one. Excellent job and I hope I can do the same without cutting my finger off with the Dremel!
 
It says they are "en metal" when you read the description.
 
You are correct sir! I have a very limited ability to retain details...esp. while grilling a steak and enjoying an adult beverage. Hopefully my wife will not let me back on ebay after another beverage. Gets costly when that happens!
 
I think they are the ones a member ordered and put on his bike a year or so ago. Nice emblems and looked good.

You should have seen our posts at Christmas. One evening Ferret had to tell us to stop posting until the toddies wore off! :)
 
A buddy just got his new 3D printer set up. I will just have to give him a call!
I'll keep you posted.
 
66fd89d994a576ed4fb28b0f5a222daf.jpg
 
britbikes42_imp said:
You are correct sir! I have a very limited ability to retain details...esp. while grilling a steak and enjoying an adult beverage. Hopefully my wife will not let me back on ebay after another beverage. Gets costly when that happens!
Just received these emblems...from France evidently. VERY nice, great quality and worth the $. Only issue is the adhesive on the back of the metal emblems is less than scotch tape thick. I am going to get some thicker adhesive tape...I'll try to find the stuff like on the originals as the panels are not dead flat. The "F" will have to be tweaked ever so slightly to conform to the panel but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll post pics when I get them done. Takes forever to get anything by mail here.
Jeff
 
I have the 1100 Four, self adhering thick plastic emblems by Endurance. Got them from Web!ke. A little under $30.00. Reasonable shipping cost ;)
They fit over the recessed stock emblems on my DLX.
 
britbikes42_imp said:
britbikes42_imp said:
You are correct sir! I have a very limited ability to retain details...esp. while grilling a steak and enjoying an adult beverage. Hopefully my wife will not let me back on ebay after another beverage. Gets costly when that happens!
Just received these emblems...from France evidently. VERY nice, great quality and worth the $. Only issue is the adhesive on the back of the metal emblems is less than scotch tape thick. I am going to get some thicker adhesive tape...I'll try to find the stuff like on the originals as the panels are not dead flat. The "F" will have to be tweaked ever so slightly to conform to the panel but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll post pics when I get them done. Takes forever to get anything by mail here.
Jeff
Just received these emblems...from France evidently. VERY nice, great quality and worth the $. Only issue is the adhesive on the back of the metal emblems is less than scotch tape thick. I am going to get some thicker adhesive tape...I'll try to find the stuff like on the originals as the panels are not dead flat. The "F" will have to be tweaked ever so slightly to conform to the panel but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll post pics when I get them done. Takes forever to get anything by mail here.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I just ordered a set just like yours from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401021262436

Did you install them already? Any information/pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Magnus
 
Back
Top