100.000 miles on a CB 1100

itsme67_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Guys,

I returned yesterday from a trip and while parking the bike in the garage I realized that I made the 100.000 miles (160934.4 km) mark on my 2014 CB 1100 EX that day

And still, no major issue :excited:
 
very impressive and thanks for the report. glad these bikes are holding up and i will never wear mine out but now i can not crow about just rolling over 7,000 ....
 
That's awesome! I hope to get there in both miles and kilometers...wait, is that redundant?
 
itsme67_imp said:
Guys,

I returned yesterday from a trip and while parking the bike in the garage I realized that I made the 100.000 miles (160934.4 km) mark on my 2014 CB 1100 EX that day

And still, no major issue :excited:
Truly impressive, to ride over 20,000 miles per year (well, 32,200 km/year)!

I am actually more impressed by the rider than the bike, as I have no doubt that these understressed engines will return very high mileages before significant problems.
 
:excited: AWESOME. I wondered who would be the first to 100,000. I feel like such a slacker. Should turn over 39,000 at the rally.

Congrats RIDER! :worship:
 
Congratulations, itsme67. That's great work.
 
itsme67_imp said:
Guys,

I returned yesterday from a trip and while parking the bike in the garage I realized that I made the 100.000 miles (160934.4 km) mark on my 2014 CB 1100 EX that day

And still, no major issue :excited:
...and tank is still full. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Keep on riding. :biker:
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for the overwhelming friendly replys and the congrats

jimgl3_imp said:
have you ever checked or adjusted the valves?
Dude_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
have you ever checked or adjusted the valves?
This is what i want to know also haha :D
I check the valves every 15.000 - 18.000 miles.
Adjusted only once (38.500 miles) and never more

In detail: in most cases I only exchanged wear parts (tyres, chain, oil, rear wheel damper, step rubber, headlight bulb, head pipe bearing, rear left wheel bearing, front brake disks, frond and rear brake pads).


Except this, i only had four minor issues:

- 53,400 km: some idling problems (solved)
- 62,065 km: 13 valves adjusted (and never again till now)
- 99.404 km: the starter switch was replaced
- 100.875 km: spokes were broken (rear wheel) - after 100.000 km and riding some bad streets with a lot of luggage even spokes are wear parts.

Absolute no issues for the last 61.000 km ;)

All parts not mentioned are still original:
- Engine
- Battery
- Clutch
- Gearbox
- …

I am using Metzeler Z8, EBC pads and D.I.D. chains

A list of what / when I exchanged you'll find on my website (unfortunately my website is in German. I linked it via Google translate):

CB 1100 EX (problems and spare parts)
 
Thanks for sharing the maintenance information!

Your website is interesting as well.

What is your secret to finding enough time to do all the mileage every year?

Congratulations again.
 
Thread starter
Marc_imp said:
Thanks for sharing the maintenance information!

Your website is interesting as well.

What is your secret to finding enough time to do all the mileage every year?

Congratulations again.
Thank you Marc!

The secret is: I'm totally addicted :cool:

- I have no car
- I ride to office by bike
- I am riding the bike during winter as long as there no snow/ice
- I am doing business trips by bike

For the last point:
When I have two options either (a) jump into a car / train / plane for a Monday morning meeting on early Sunday and beeing stressed or (b) rolling my suit into the bag, jumping on my bike Friday afternoon / Saturday morning, having a perfect weekend while spending only one additonal day compared to the first option and being relaxed (a) ...

what do you think I prefer? :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top