100,000 km

sanoke_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
98bb2d1b03dd23b1e85d09f5eaee24e5.jpg


Don't normally look at kilometers here in the USA but since it's selectable on the CB1100 I thought it would be fun to see all the zeros.

50c7bf17780d9bb429f086ce027f1f9c.jpg


Here's what it looks like in miles.

c8d84de27562f9e8d652187e7d411e8f.jpg


And here's what my bike looks like now.

Happy Trails!
sanoke
 
Congratulations!
 
Thread starter
dsan1964_imp said:
Still running like a top? Looks like it... nice


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, still running great. Fuel pump has a little bit of a whine but other than that, it's just like when I bought it new.
 
Yes, still running great. Fuel pump has a little bit of a whine but other than that, it's just like when I bought it new.



It's good to hear that someone else has a whiny fuel pump. Mine started getting noisy at about 25,000 miles and now gets people's attention when I pull in to a station for a fill-up. It's the noisiest thing on the bike! I hope that it's not getting ready for catastrophic failure! Still runs great though.
 
Thread starter
Haystack_imp said:
Yes, still running great. Fuel pump has a little bit of a whine but other than that, it's just like when I bought it new.



It's good to hear that someone else has a whiny fuel pump. Mine started getting noisy at about 25,000 miles and now gets people's attention when I pull in to a station for a fill-up. It's the noisiest thing on the bike! I hope that it's not getting ready for catastrophic failure! Still runs great though.
Mine was noisy off and on for a while but now does it all the time. I've gotten used to it so I hardly notice it anymore. Either that or my hearing is going too.;)
 
Well at least a new pump is ONLY $560.31 list. :P
 
My ride's mileage is ~25,200 km currently. I guess, I need 3 more years, to get to your point.
 
On 10/16 Sanoke reported at 61K miles valves were still all in spec and he was waiting another 36k before checking them

Can remember if he ever reported changing chain and sprockets but certainly he had to at least once?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
On 10/16 Sanoke reported at 61K miles valves were still all in spec and he was waiting another 36k before checking them

Can remember if he ever reported changing chain and sprockets but certainly he had to at least once?
Yes, as ferret said, the valves are still all in spec. I didn't record past clearances but this time they were all right on or slightly loose. That tells me none are tightening so I'm really not worried about checking them often. I've replaced the chain and front sprocket twice now. I seem to be getting about 26k on them. I tend to change chains at the first sign of wearing out so others might get more mileage on theirs.
 
Back
Top