Your Humble Isle of Man TT Correspondent

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Friends, I've just had an article published on Motorcycle.com, and I invite all of your to check it out. It's a take on two very brave friends, Brandon Cretu and Graham English, who, against all odds, have competed in the Isle of Man TT and other challenging road races around the world.

And stay tuned, as I'll be covering aspects of the TT for Motorcycle.com this year via regular updates and short tales...some of them true.
Please check the story out, and share it as you see fit. Motorcycle.com is the most visited motorcycle site in the world now, with over 1 million unique readers every month. They've attracted some fantastic journalists (present company completely excepted), and are as up-to-the-minute on the world of motorbikes and sport as any magazine or site.

While I should just go to the TT every year and have fun, I can't help getting involved...marshal, video producer, now hack journalist!

Here it is:
Isle of Man TT the Hard Way
 
Capo, I'll read the article when my missus goes to bed and we aren't watching TV.

I have watched a lot of the videos MC.com put up. Which one are you? Hopefully the one with the cool hair!
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
Capo, I'll read the article when my missus goes to bed and we aren't watching TV.

I have watched a lot of the videos MC.com put up. Which one are you? Hopefully the one with the cool hair!
Ha, I don't have cool hair, but at 56 at least I still have some! My video isn't up there yet, but the article is. The video I did is available here:

 
Capo_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Capo, I'll read the article when my missus goes to bed and we aren't watching TV.

I have watched a lot of the videos MC.com put up. Which one are you? Hopefully the one with the cool hair!
Ha, I don't have cool hair, but at 56 at least I still have some! My video isn't up there yet, but the article is. The video I did is available here:
Ha, I don't have cool hair, but at 56 at least I still have some! My video isn't up there yet, but the article is. The video I did is available here:


Awesome Capo, I'll watch that later too!

I'm curious, do you play guitar?
 
Very Cool Capo :thumbsup: great pics and interesting subject matter. The young man from Pa is a most interesting story.
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
A capo is a clamp used on the neck of the guitar to alter the pitch.
Ah yes. But my last name is Capone so 'capo' has a different meaning in that vein!
 
Video. Brilliant.

Cheers

Just watching our evening news. For those of you living in Tornado land, I sincerely hope that you, your families and friends are all OK

Tony
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Excellent read Capo and video. I'm a regular visitor to that website. Would love to go to the IoM someday.
I'm happy to serve as your TT consultant, I've got a line on everything from accommodations to rental motorcycles and will guarantee a good time.
 
Thanks, Capo. Before Tortuga or Spaceman leap in, may I say I'm just a teensy bit nervous about being guaranteed a good time by a bloke.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks, Capo. Before Tortuga or Spaceman leap in, may I say I'm just a teensy bit nervous about being guaranteed a good time by a bloke.
Oh, my, I guess I could have chosen my words a bit better. Don't worry, I don't enjoy watching gladiator films.
 
Capo_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks, Capo. Before Tortuga or Spaceman leap in, may I say I'm just a teensy bit nervous about being guaranteed a good time by a bloke.
Oh, my, I guess I could have chosen my words a bit better. Don't worry, I don't enjoy watching gladiator films.
Oh, my, I guess I could have chosen my words a bit better. Don't worry, I don't enjoy watching gladiator films.
The reason Spaceman & I haven't leapt in is that we were busy snuggling up watching that DREAMY Russell Crowe in the Gladiator movie. Oh my! What a hunk!:rolleyes:
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks, Capo. Before Tortuga or Spaceman leap in, may I say I'm just a teensy bit nervous about being guaranteed a good time by a bloke.
Oh, my, I guess I could have chosen my words a bit better. Don't worry, I don't enjoy watching gladiator films.
Oh, my, I guess I could have chosen my words a bit better. Don't worry, I don't enjoy watching gladiator films.
The reason Spaceman & I haven't leapt in is that we were busy snuggling up watching that DREAMY Russell Crowe in the Gladiator movie. Oh my! What a hunk!:rolleyes:
Yeah ... Russ is all right ... until he chucks something at you.
By the way, Capo, good piece. Look forward to more of them.
 
I saw on Volocity channel the TT coverage was starting soon. I'm not sure it it's live or from months ago? It did say 2014 IOM TT.
 
Thread starter
It will air each night for an hour, highlights of the day's racing and features. They did it last year and it's fantastic. Set your DVR's and you'll have 7 or 8 hours of magnificent motorbike racing and scenery. And look for me in my orange Marshal's tabard on Bray Hill!
 
Back
Top