Youngguns doing wheelies on sport bikes

That's just idiotic behavior. I recognize the skill, but the judgement is sorely lacking.
 
Skilled but poor judgement. Take lisence, charge higher medical insurance and motorcycle insurance. Not for public roads. We all get painted by a few with bad judgement.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Randy B_imp said:
That's just idiotic behavior. I recognize the skill, but the judgement is sorely lacking.
I couldn't have said it better.
Last weekend a group of us were out for a ride and saw an idiot doing a wheelie on a public street with traffic and pedestrians all around.
One little mistake and it could have been a disaster.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Skilled but poor judgement. Take lisence, charge higher medical insurance and motorcycle insurance. Not for public roads. We all get painted by a few with bad judgement.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah come on you old grouch Elipten..:D

It's just kids having fun!

Plus when they fall off, grate their limbs like a coleslaw and smash the buggery out of their ten grand rides, we all get to watch on YouTube, and laugh!

Every cloud....
 
I like the Dubstep.

At least they had some gear on. The last time I saw that here...Sunday am a few weeks ago...the rider and his super hot girlfriend were in shorts and tee shirts. At 80+ mph on SR 441. Can you say "cheese grater?"
 
The older I get the less risk adverse I become for myself, family and coworkers. Buried many in my military time and after due to job. What strikes me is how true the old saying that the problem with common sense is that it is not very common. Let them go to a track and play, after they pay extra for insurance. Oh well, I'm lucky to be here as the old man survived WWII when many of his unit didn't, and the same for me in both military time and job related. I respect the gift.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Shame on me, but, I love it! Reminds me of when I was younger. Probably best I didn't have access to that kind of power!
 
Yea same for me, but proper place and time. We are supposed to learn as a society. If my family were on that road and their stunts caused the death of my son or wife, they better run to prison for protection. I rank this along with drunk driving and texting while driving. You have the right to risk your own life not that of others. But I respect the skill, I don't have it and probably to old to develop it at this point.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Being one who has never been able to wheelie anything, I'm impressed by the skill of those who make it look easy.

Sad thing is these stunts often lead to tragedy when practiced on public roads. We were returning home one evening on US84, a busy 4 lane and were passed by three young fellows on GSX's. They were pulling some spectacular wheelies at 60+. Next morning we learned that one of them lost control doing a stunt and died from injuries. None of these fellows were wearing protective gear other than helmets and that may have been a factor.
 
Maybe some of the more skilled riders could chime in on this, but wheelies seem to more about having courage than exceptional skill. Many other stunts amaze me in just how much balance and control the rider exhibits. Not so much with wheelies, I think. (I have neither the courage nor the skill to do any of this...nor the desire)

In any case, for the most part, at least in the edited video, they were alone on the road so not as irritating to me. However, the part with the pickup is a perfect example of why the "Start Seeing Motorcycles" campaign only addresses half the issue...the other half should be "Cars Don't See You" -- riding next to, or in the blind spot of, another vehicle is risky enough on 2 wheels. If the truck driver didn't notice him and switched lanes (perhaps unlikely, but not completely implausible), the last thing the rider, not being able to fully maneuver his bike, might say before passing from this world was "The damn cager cut me off".
 
It's not uncommon to see youtube videos of hooligans on sports bikes on busy interstate highways pulling massive wheelies to impress each other. Not smart.

I've personally witnessed bikes passing me (in a car) on busy interstates doing well in excess of 120 mph.

Yes, I've done 120 on interstates, but only when the stretch of roads were virtually empty - and I didn't have to pass any other traffic.

Pick your spots appropriately when you play.
 
Back
Top