You only get so many trips around the Sun...

Welcome kilo6actual. Hope your summer comes along son.
 
Cook County is equally dreary.

Welcome to the forum, neighbor.

The establishment in the background of your photo looks familiar, but I can't quite place it exactly. How about a hint?
 
:hello: Howdy, and welcome to the forum. Yes nice use of a signing bonus. Like getting a job and a free motorcycle. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
It's the former Skandia House on Grass Lake Road up in the Chain of Lakes. Now called Bon Voyage. It was a nice photo op and a nice day to wrench and ride.

I put more miles on during the two warm days in February than all of April. I'll make up for it, eventually.

I'm quite pleased with this M/C. Even 99% of the H-D crowd pays it respect and I reside just south of Milwaukee. The 1%ers, well they can go to their Church and I'll go to mine. :D
 
Ahh... i have ridden past there many times, but never stopped. I spend a lot of afternoons, particularly on winter rides when I don't have the ability or desire to get further from home, in the Chain-of-Lakes area.
 
Thread starter
Very nice. I'll be glad to lead you to "show your ass curve" up just north of Wilmot, WI. I am not from Lake County (grew up on the Eastside of Aurora), but I have the big knife, the cheap watch, fast car, cool Universal Japanese Motorcycle, and the divorce papers! Living the dream, men, living the dream.

I took a job with an office in Brookfield, WI and Naperville, IL so I chose a domicile equidistant to both spots! LOL

Lots of nice roads here. I tend to not ride Saturday mornings when the "boat people" are running wild and trying their best to kill everything on two wheels getting to the boat landings or their park trailer/RV on the lakes. However, I do not miss shooting out of my compound when the coast is clear!:cool:
 
I ride around Wilmot a LOT. I'll bet I've ridden on "show your ass curve" but I'm not familiar with the moniker. What road is it on?

I'm trying to organize a CB1100 ride for Chicagoland riders that would come up into the Wilmot area, or a little north of there (Kettle Moraine). Check "Meet Ups and Gatherings" for information. Probably in June. There's a post about it in that section.

Yes.. weekend traffic up near the Chain can be a bear. That's another reason that I usually ride there in the winter.
 
Thread starter
Fox River Road as it goes almost 90 degrees before hitting a house on the namesake river. It's vividly marked but people unfamiliar often don't appreciate the suddenness, especially if there is an incoming vehicle.

Alot of people have bombed through there like Joie Chitwood, and the "fail" equates to the nickname.

I went to UW Whitewater, so yes a State line rally up through Territorial Road and into the Kettle is like my Uncle Rico Time Machine.
 
I spent most of the summers of my youth waterskiing on Whitewater Lake and driving and high rates of speed on surrounding area roads (I did not have a motorcycle back in those days). Did miss a turn on Territorial Rd. (or Townline, I can't recall now) once that allowed me to test the off-road ability of my brother's 1978 Toyota Corolla Liftback --- it did a great job, just had to pull off a couple hunks of sod from the wheel wells.

Ohhh and I know the curve you mean. Not particularly technical, but if you're not watching, you'll be in the guard rail or the guy's garage. (if it's the turn I'm thinking of)

Once my weekends start to clear up a little, I'll be heading up to Full Moon Restaurant in Lake Bluff on some Sundays. I sometimes meet some riders I know and we ride out from there. If you're ever interested, let me know and I'll meet you there if I'm available.
 
Thread starter
10-4.
I need to burn some gasoline soon. I have a Moto tour (little 250cc Enduros and intrepid friends) slated the first week in November in Laos. Apples and oranges, but time in the saddle will do me well. Last year was the "primer" for SE Asia,the MSR Dirtbike School followed by three days in Baja! Full disclosure, I didn't grow up with a dirtbike or a place anyone has a place to ride dirtbikes...so learning in the rain rut, cactus patch, soft sand and treacherous rock capital of Off Road Racing was my baptism of fire. I only high sided once, fortunately on sand. Unfortunately day three saw me driving a Polaris Razor and playing Rat Patrol, while watching my buddies ride. It still stings my pride. $9k in medical on the return (thanks Blue Cross for low deductible), but the left leg is back to normal. LOL
Coffee and CBs would be fun. As proclaimed c'mon Endless Summer.
My trusted outfitter provided CRF 450 in Baja.
 
Back
Top