You may recognize this bike...

Thread starter
Roger the shrubber_imp said:
I gotta ask...

What's the purpose of the two braided lines in front of the counter shaft sprocket cover?
I haven't dug super deep into the engine bay but pretty sure those are just cosmetic to simulate the real lines on Spencer's period Superbike.
 
Congratulations! The asking price for that bike was less than the original cost of the bike plus aftermarket parts; I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to have your local dealer start with a showroom fresh bike and duplicate this project! Carbon wheels, Ohlin's suspension, custom paint, custom swing arm, exhaust, race spec brakes/rotors, oh my, $$$!

I imagine this bike is a keeper!

A very "Deluxe" Deluxe for sale
 
joexray_imp said:
Roger the shrubber_imp said:
I gotta ask...

What's the purpose of the two braided lines in front of the counter shaft sprocket cover?
I haven't dug super deep into the engine bay but pretty sure those are just cosmetic to simulate the real lines on Spencer's period Superbike.
I haven't dug super deep into the engine bay but pretty sure those are just cosmetic to simulate the real lines on Spencer's period Superbike.
On the 1982 Superbike, it appears that these went to a separate oil tank, as they modified the engine to adopt a dry sump design to cut windage losses.
 
Awesome! I didn't realize that it was so sparkly metal flake when I was checking out the old pic's from another thread, Very nice, I'm jealous green with envy....shoulda jumped on it myself, but it was meant for you to have it, ENJOY! :beerchug:
 
Any chance for closeup pics of how they made those velocity stacks that they've replaced the airbox with?

Hate to bother, but I've been interested in trying to do this or pods and it'd be awesome to see one person's solution for some inspiration. Thanks!
 
Awesome bike!!! Anyone know how wide the tire is and if they had to modify the bike to make it fit? Obviously different rims but anything else? -A
 
joexray_imp said:
Roger the shrubber_imp said:
I gotta ask...

What's the purpose of the two braided lines in front of the counter shaft sprocket cover?
I haven't dug super deep into the engine bay but pretty sure those are just cosmetic to simulate the real lines on Spencer's period Superbike.
I haven't dug super deep into the engine bay but pretty sure those are just cosmetic to simulate the real lines on Spencer's period Superbike.
In the 4th picture you posted, it looks like the braided lines terminate under the seat toward the tail of the bike.

Congrats on the new bike! Anything you need to do to make it street legal? I don't see turn signal lights.
 
You have no idea how close I came to pulling the trigger on that bike when it was listed! Absolutely spectacular, best of luck with it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
kmoney_imp said:
Any chance for closeup pics of how they made those velocity stacks that they've replaced the airbox with?

Hate to bother, but I've been interested in trying to do this or pods and it'd be awesome to see one person's solution for some inspiration. Thanks!
kmoney, I'll snap some close up pics for you. Traveling so it might be a week or so.
ecka00_imp said:
Awesome bike!!! Anyone know how wide the tire is and if they had to modify the bike to make it fit? Obviously different rims but anything else? -A
The rear rim is 17' x 5.5." Tire is a 190/55-17. I'll dig into the swing arm to see what was modded beyond the bracing and side panels.
 
Back
Top