You may recognize this bike...

joexray_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,

New to this forum but not to bikes. Been riding, buying and very seldom selling bikes for 40 years this year.

Some of you may be been to various IMS shows in 2014/2015 among other events and saw the 2014 CB1100 Freddie Spencer tribute bike in Honda's booth being raffled for charity. I bought tickets every time I saw that bike several different times and always thought if I didn't win, that would be the CB1100 I would build. As luck would have it, I didn't win. But a motorcycle cop from outside Cincy did. After owning it for a short while, he decided to sell. I was fortunate to just have sold my '79 CBX and '83 CB1100F when I gave him a call. One thing led to another and last week on a day that started -5 degrees I drove 850 miles round trip to pick it up.

Since then I've tweaked a few things and added a few period decals like the Champion one on the tail. You can see the details of the build here:

http://www.aipspeed.com/custom-builds.html

I'll post more photos and details in the next few weeks. The bike is amazing!


[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%201.27.49%20PM.png.html]
[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%201.28.19%20PM.png.html]
[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%201.28.48%20PM.png.html]
[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%201.29.10%20PM.png.html]
[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Unknown-44.jpeg.html]
[url=http://s361.photobucket.com/user/joex-ray/media/CB1100FS/Unknown-45.jpeg.html]

Joe
2014 Honda CB1100FS Tribute bike
- -
Too many other bikes to admit...
 
Joe if you picked that bike up you were 6 miles from my house. i live just outside Bethel.

Congrats that's an awesome looking motorcycle.

Oh and welcome to the forum!
 
Welcome! That is an awesome bike. You know we are going to want more pics and details of your unique machine! :)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Joe if you picked that bike up you were 6 miles from my house. i live just outside Bethel.

Congrats that's an awesome looking motorcycle.

Oh and welcome to the forum!
Too funny. Yes the previous owner/winner lives in Bethel. Great riding area. Thanks for having me here! Joe
 
Yes some real decent riding roads around here.

Btw did the helmet come with it?
 
Thread starter
Ferret, the previous owner wanted to keep the helmet. I wasn't my size and I don't need more stuff just sitting around so I was fine with it.

PS. I can seem to find the create signature feature in the User CP. What am I missing? Thanks. Joe
*can't.
 
About 22 posts lol..although Guth may have just changed that to 10 and 1 week or something. Check announcements.

Well I can't find it in announcements, but I do believe it's 1 week membership and 10 posts
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
About 22 posts lol..although Guth may have just changed that to 10 and 1 week or something. Check announcements.

Well I can't find it in announcements, but I do believe it's 1 week membership and 10 posts
Thanks. Makes sense. Patience will prevail. Joe
 
Won't take you long to get the posts just responding to questions about the bike lol.

The week will still take a week. Hang in there
 
Welcome, it wasn't that long ago that half of the forum was drooling over the ad for your bike..
 
Oh ya, just answering the questions from this gang will have you meeting those requirements in no time at all!
 
G'day and welcome, Joe. Nice find!
 
Back
Top