the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled.redbirds_imp said:That CBX is my dream bike. If Honda would make a tribute model CBX with water cooling I will be first in line to buy. Will never sell my CB1100 though.
I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled.MikeOxbig_imp said:I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled.redbirds_imp said:That CBX is my dream bike. If Honda would make a tribute model CBX with water cooling I will be first in line to buy. Will never sell my CB1100 though.
I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled. Sadly, air cooled motors are on their way out.redbirds_imp said:I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled.MikeOxbig_imp said:I agree with you except I think I would prefer the cbx-remake to stay air-cooled.redbirds_imp said:That CBX is my dream bike. If Honda would make a tribute model CBX with water cooling I will be first in line to buy. Will never sell my CB1100 though.
I would prefer that also but with today's emission regulations it would be an engineering impossibility I think. Keeping the CB1100 air cooled required that the motor run in a mild state of tune. Sandwiching two more cylinders into the in-line mix would require water cooling. A water cooled motor would be little or no wider than the CB1100. The "new" CBX could also be tuned for high output while meeting emission standards. Sadly, air cooled motors are on their way out.
And then almost completely abandoned it for sport/super sport bikes.Flynrider_imp said:Great find, Ferret! As well as describing the Superbike 70s, it's a pretty good history lesson on how, by the end of the 70s, the Big Four Japanese manufacturers had converged on the basic UJM design.