Yoshimura Slip-on!

Most aftermarket slip-ons are smaller than the stock muffler. This is the first one I've seen that is bigger than the stock muffler.

Chip
 
I believe that the power commander would be a personal choice. I installed the RS-3 last summer and have not noticed any problems.
 
Had my RS-3 installed on bike before even bringing home from dealership. Quite happy with it so far. Gives a nice throaty note, which I like.
 
I had exact same problem with the center stand bracket, so no washers on mine either.
IndianRider_imp said:
Called home from work and found out the "package" arrived at home so got off early to install the slip on ..
First impressions :

It weights almost half as much as the stock exhaust .. Did not weigh the mufflers ..

The yoshimura finish/quality is ok .. not as good as stock and other exhaust systems I had in the past ..this is the cheapest yoshimura can ..

The yoshimura center stand bracket is a PITA to install and I busted my fingers but finally installed it without the washers and will revist the install later .. If any owners have tips on the center stand bracket install please share them with me

The sound with the baffle out is nice but a bit louder than my taste ..

With the quiet baffle in, I like the muted bassy sound and that's what I'll be running it with .. The stock can may go back on for any long trips

Overall the can looks pretty good to me with a sporty look .. The CB was missing the big bore Superbike hum and growl like my old zrx 1100 and the slip on gets it close to that feeling ..

c67ce1108b9487a9c407536d7608dcf6.jpg


3d1908e832c70c106e41d9521a0254eb.jpg
 
Tip on installing the washers, use a very small piece of black electrical tape to hold the washers in place and then install the bracket.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Tip on installing the washers, use a very small piece of black electrical tape to hold the washers in place and then install the bracket.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
I'm trying to install this on a '14 standard. Is the center stand attached differently between the '13 and '14?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
If you own a 14 and bought the 13 muffler the center stand is different. The 14 center stand spring is in the middle as the 13 has the spring off to the side. I bought the 13 muffler for my 14 and had to buy the 14 center stand bracket separate. You can order the bracket straight from the company.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The 2013 muffler center stand bracket will not work on the 14. The advantage of the 2013 muffler is that it has a removable baffle as the 2014 version of the muffler does not have a removable baffle and is much quieter. The bracket will run you about another 40.00 or so.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
If you own a 14 and bought the 13 muffler the center stand is different. The 14 center stand spring is in the middle as the 13 has the spring off to the side. I bought the 13 muffler for my 14 and had to buy the 14 center stand bracket separate. You can order the bracket straight from the company.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The 2013 muffler center stand bracket will not work on the 14. The advantage of the 2013 muffler is that it has a removable baffle as the 2014 version of the muffler does not have a removable baffle and is much quieter. The bracket will run you about another 40.00 or so.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks for the info! I think I have both brackets, (I bought my can used) so I guess my question is more of installation. The instructions are a little vague, they say to remove the center stand shaft bolt, I don't see how to do this without dropping the entire center stand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Same here I ordered a 14 center stand from yosh I bought mine used from jamboa. .... still need to put it on..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
No need to remove the center stand bolt. I installed mine while it was on the center stand.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
No need to remove the center stand bolt. I installed mine while it was on the center stand.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Yep I got it installed. The center stand shaft bolt is a small bolt that secures a tab welded to the center stand shaft. I removed that and was able to adjust the center stand shaft just enough to get the bracket on. Then one of the bolts that comes with the bracket replaces the original shaft bolt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Yosh makes a good product and bang for the buck it's great..

When i bought mine I had the option to buy one from the PO, but passed on it.. Thought about it after the fact and was fortunate it was gone when I reconsidered

It's a very nice pipe and while I wanted something to give the cb a throatier sound, I have issues with its modern look.. I love the classic look of the cb.. the rs3 to me while a great can is a bit too modern looking for me..

I lucked into a slightly used staintune for 1/2 retail that has a similar look albeit smaller and sounds better than stock,

It's a great can and hope it's everything you were looking for in a slip on
 
Sounds great. Looks horrid. On my TU250 I put a pipe that looks like the Triumph aftermarket cones. That looked and sounded really nice.
 
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Yosh makes a good product and bang for the buck it's great..

When i bought mine I had the option to buy one from the PO, but passed on it.. Thought about it after the fact and was fortunate it was gone when I reconsidered

It's a very nice pipe and while I wanted something to give the cb a throatier sound, I have issues with its modern look.. I love the classic look of the cb.. the rs3 to me while a great can is a bit too modern looking for me..

I lucked into a slightly used staintune for 1/2 retail that has a similar look albeit smaller and sounds better than stock,

It's a great can and hope it's everything you were looking for in a slip on
Well, it's everything I wanted in a bargain! Got a great deal on it from another forum member. It came with both center stand brackets and a baffle.

I'm not crazy about the looks but I like the sound a lot more than stock. I don't have the cash to drop on a Staintune, so for $100 I'm very happy with the yosh.

Also, it's too easy to put the factory can back on and return the bike to it's classic look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top