Yoshimura RSCV installation advice

Mine was packaged the same way but no dents or weld splatter at all. In short I felt it was very well made and totally impressed with it.

I would take pictures and send them to Yoshimura.
 
Maybe you could post a pic or two of the dents and crease? I don't recall any dents or creases on my unit, but before I look, it would be helpful to have something to compare against.
 
Thread starter
I have been trying to get pics from my old samsung rugby flip phone to my desktop pc, I have sent mms pics from my phone to my e-mail for years, but now the image will not show up in the email, I guess I will have to upgrade to a smart phone.
Sorry about the quality of the photos, But the dent and line crease can be seen[attachment=7806][attachment=7807]
Well that did not work!
 
Luge_imp said:
COCB1100_imp said:
I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8d8eb899368b1d6d0c87de44d7e3c083.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Nice Ride!
Very Nice Ride!

Thanks. She’s a great companion.

The Yoshi pipes, despite being a full through headers back system are still totally civilized and quiet. It’s such a nice, smooth sound.

The Over Racing dual system sound deeper though... wish it wasn’t a pain ($$$$) to retrofit the dual exhaust to an STD.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I would definitely recommend contacting yoshi and possibly sending it back mine came packaged the same way but no dent,dings or flaws of any kind for that kind of money it better be perfect!
 
Thread starter
I fully agree!,If the pipe was $299 I could live with the dents and extra hand filing, But not the $1169 that I paid, I talked to Yoshi and sent photos, cell phone to cell phone, waiting on a reply now, I cannot figure out why I could not post photos here on this site?
I purchased the Yoshi from motorcycle superstore on e-bay, I emailed them last night, But no reply, Yoshimura on the other hand says that they want the pipe back! someone in quality control may be punished for letting this one out the door!
 
Don't know what happened, Luge. Looks like the attachments didn't upload for some reason.nIf you want some more help, PM me.
 
Don't use Photobucket. It will delete your pictures in a few months unless you pay for them.

Imgur pictures still show up in searched posts from 2013 and that cuss is free.
 
Thread starter
While I was inspecting the Yoshimura full system, I looked at the centerstand adapters that came with the pipe, there was a large bracket that I assume would be added to the existing centerstand?..It was quite heavy, I did not weigh it, but it felt like 3 pounds. I am seriously thinking about just deleting the centerstand, If that bracket that came with the yosh pipe has to be added to the centerstand, I know that I am going to leave the centerstand off..Just to much more weight! Any 14 std Yoshimura owners with part# 121110K500 Please chime in...Yoshimura sent a return shipping label from Fed Ex, I dropped it off yesterday, Now its hurry up and wait for Yoshimura to do their inspection and send me a New pipe!...
Arctic cb1100_imp said:
I installed my yoshi system myself also on my 14 you do have to remove the front fender but do not have to remove the wheel. I did it with the bike on the kickstand and opted to remove my center stand not only for the new exhaust system but for aesthetic reasons I definitely suggest having someone to help you and I also coverd the front frame tubes with blue painters tape to protect from scratches. take your time and be careful and have all the hardware, gaskets and flanges in place before you install past the frame so you can bolt everything up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I am Liking your thinking about aesthetic reasons for leaving the centerstand off!
Cormanus_imp said:
Luge, you can post photos here. Go to <New Reply> and use the attachment feature, but bear in mind the file size of the photo has to be less than 250 kb. A better approach is to upload them to Imgur and link to them. See here for instructions, although don't use Photbucket unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Hello, Cormanus, I tried that, but no dice, Do I have to have a certain post number before I can post pictures?
 
Thread starter
From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
 
some people have opted to keep their center stand on but it does require a slight modification for the stop and for ease of service but I have swingarm stands I use to service my bikes. I did also shed close to 20 lbs from my bike after changing the exhaust, bars and removing the center stand but I did also install a fenda extenda on my front fender to help protect the head pipes
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads on the highway, Just asking? Me personally, I have been a off road racer in my younger years, But now I have slowed down,...I raced the Mid South in TN and raced one National Enduro here in TN back in 2007....It was at West point......In Lawrence county TN..I rode KTM's, 300 XCW two smoke.. I raced the senior C class at that race, There was 60 people in my class that day, I came in 10th....My first enduro race, What was cool was the Factory KTM team was there, thats why I even rode to start with!..Just to be around those guys!..The Pros rode 70 miles, me being in the senior C class I rode 50 miles,The Pro's were back to the truck after riding 70 miles around the same time as me riding 50 miles!....
 
Luge_imp said:
Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads on the highway, Just asking? Me personally, I have been a off road racer in my younger years, But now I have slowed down,...I raced the Mid South in TN and raced one National Enduro here in TN back in 2007....It was at West point......In Lawrence county TN..I rode KTM's, 300 XCW two smoke.. I raced the senior C class at that race, There was 60 people in my class that day, I came in 10th....My first enduro race, What was cool was the Factory KTM team was there, thats why I even rode to start with!..Just to be around those guys!..The Pros rode 70 miles, me being in the senior C class I rode 50 miles,The Pro's were back to the truck after riding 70 miles around the same time as me riding 50 miles!....
that is exactly what the extenda is for but even though I'm in AK my cb only comes out on the nicest days when the roads are clean and dry I have 3800 miles on it now and it's never even been in the rain before! fortunately I'm lucky to have a couple other bikes I choose to ride in the spring and fall or when the weather might be questionable but the extenda looks very subtle and clean and helps to prevent rock chips or any other road grime that looks much more noticeable when it gets on the black pipes! you can hardly even notice the extenda!
37dca8e0028663c730f99fd6dda068c6.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Luge_imp said:
From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
that's funny you bring up the cb919 and it's performance abilities! I happen. to also have 07 919 in the stable!!
80d408f0f199e05cc8e436dcf82b4485.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Arctic cb1100_imp said:
Luge_imp said:
Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads on the highway, Just asking? Me personally, I have been a off road racer in my younger years, But now I have slowed down,...I raced the Mid South in TN and raced one National Enduro here in TN back in 2007....It was at West point......In Lawrence county TN..I rode KTM's, 300 XCW two smoke.. I raced the senior C class at that race, There was 60 people in my class that day, I came in 10th....My first enduro race, What was cool was the Factory KTM team was there, thats why I even rode to start with!..Just to be around those guys!..The Pros rode 70 miles, me being in the senior C class I rode 50 miles,The Pro's were back to the truck after riding 70 miles around the same time as me riding 50 miles!....
that is exactly what the extenda is for but even though I'm in AK my cb only comes out on the nicest days when the roads are clean and dry I have 3800 miles on it now and it's never even been in the rain before! fortunately I'm lucky to have a couple other bikes I choose to ride in the spring and fall or when the weather might be questionable but the extenda looks very subtle and clean and helps to prevent rock chips or any other road grime that looks much more noticeable when it gets on the black pipes! you can hardly even notice the extenda!
37dca8e0028663c730f99fd6dda068c6.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Luge_imp said:
From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
that's funny you bring up the cb919 and it's performance abilities! I happen. to also have 07 919 in the stable!!
80d408f0f199e05cc8e436dcf82b4485.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
that is exactly what the extenda is for but even though I'm in AK my cb only comes out on the nicest days when the roads are clean and dry I have 3800 miles on it now and it's never even been in the rain before! fortunately I'm lucky to have a couple other bikes I choose to ride in the spring and fall or when the weather might be questionable but the extenda looks very subtle and clean and helps to prevent rock chips or any other road grime that looks much more noticeable when it gets on the black pipes! you can hardly even notice the extenda!
de2be201730510b58ee5b29e91e34cf8.jpg

You are seriously hurting my feelings about selling my 919..I loved that bike!..It was a divorce find! it had 1500 miles on it when I purchased it!...I hope the 1100 will be as good of a machine?...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Luge_imp said:
From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
that's funny you bring up the cb919 and it's performance abilities! I happen. to also have 07 919 in the stable!!
d85e889384c0d8cd2a0a65cc56b0a7b1.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Hey Luge. I don't think you need a set number of posts to be able to post photos. It is a bit convoluted, though.

1. In New Reply, click on "Choose File" under the attachments heading.
2. Select the image file you want.
3. Click on "Add Attachment" after which the screen will refresh and you'll see the file name of the attachment under the "Choose File" button.
4. Click on "Insert into post".
5. When you're ready, post the reply and the images should appear.
 
Cormanus, new member intros frequently have pics so no minimum required.
 
COCB1100_imp said:
I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8d8eb899368b1d6d0c87de44d7e3c083.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey COCB1100,
Totally off subject, but what kind of seat is that? Looks awesome.


2013 Honda CB1100
 
chandler_imp said:
COCB1100_imp said:
I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8d8eb899368b1d6d0c87de44d7e3c083.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey COCB1100,
Totally off subject, but what kind of seat is that? Looks awesome.


2013 Honda CB1100

Hey COCB1100,
Totally off subject, but what kind of seat is that? Looks awesome.


2013 Honda CB1100

It’s a K&H seat from Japan via Samurider. Super comfortable... like all day comfortable and in my opinion looks much nicer than the factory seat also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top