Yoshimura RSCV Full Exhaust System

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi I'm mulling over installing the Yoshimura RSCV full Exhaust System and was wondering if anybody had any feed back or if I should be in a different direction?
Also looking for any comments about sound install ect.

Thanks for your Time.
 
Stealth128_imp said:
Hi I'm mulling over installing the Yoshimura RSCV full Exhaust System and was wondering if anybody had any feed back or if I should be in a different direction?
Also looking for any comments about sound install ect.

Thanks for your Time.
I have this exhaust installed. With the stock PC5 you can expect a full second gain 0-100 and a better air/fuel ratio. I have a perfect a/f ratio at about 13 through the intire range. The exhaust is not loud just a bit deeper. Install is not bad about 1 hour for centerstand stop and 2 for exhaust.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Stealth128_imp said:
Hi I'm mulling over installing the Yoshimura RSCV full Exhaust System and was wondering if anybody had any feed back or if I should be in a different direction?
Also looking for any comments about sound install ect.

Thanks for your Time.
I have this exhaust installed. With the stock PC5 you can expect a full second gain 0-100 and a better air/fuel ratio. I have a perfect a/f ratio at about 13 through the intire range. The exhaust is not loud just a bit deeper. Install is not bad about 1 hour for centerstand stop and 2 for exhaust.
I have this exhaust installed. With the stock PC5 you can expect a full second gain 0-100 and a better air/fuel ratio. I have a perfect a/f ratio at about 13 through the intire range. The exhaust is not loud just a bit deeper. Install is not bad about 1 hour for centerstand stop and 2 for exhaust.
Thank you for your reply! Great detailed information answered all my questions and some. I'll place my order in tomorrow morning.
Thanks,

Stealth 128
 
chrisross_imp said:
It's compatible with 2013 bikes, but not with 2014.
Is this true for the std as well as the EX/DLX?
 
Can't confirm ex (unless it's the exact same as the dlx), but the stop is not compatible with the 14 std or dlx. I have a thread about it. Had I known id be losing my center stand, I'd have gotten a different exhaust.
 
chrisross_imp said:
Can't confirm ex (unless it's the exact same as the dlx), but the stop is not compatible with the 14 std or dlx. I have a thread about it. Had I known id be losing my center stand, I'd have gotten a different exhaust.
Curiosity got the best of me. Emailed Yoshimura. Don Franzen responded right back.
Here's his response:

Hello Ray,

We have only made that exhaust for the 2013 model of the CB1100. For the 2014 version, Honda has changed the frame where the centerstand mounts. On the 13 the spring for the stand is on the side, and the 14 moves it to the center. At this time, we have not made any plans to update our bracket for the stand. But I have seen customers make their own modification to our bracket, and it works fine on the bike once it has been modified. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Don

<image003.jpg>
Don Franzen

Yoshimura R & D of America, Inc.
5420 Daniels Street
Chino, Ca. 91710
Phone: (800) 634-9166 Ext. 422
Fax: (909) 591-2198
dfranzen@yoshimura-rd.com
Yoshimura R&D

-------------------------------------------
Chris, let me know what your thoughts are. Is this what you ran into. Any chance you got some pics? Thanks
 
This is exactly the problem I ran into. I don't have pictures because my bike is center standless and I'm not going to go attempt to put it back together to show how it won't. I cut a giant notch out of my stop to let the c clip through, and that didn't even work right. The center stand has extra bracing that prevent the stand from contacting the stop. I would really like to see the customer's that made it work, because I really don't like not having a center stand.
 
Don't look to me anytime soon. I've been extremely busy for the last couple of months. The exhaust actually came in probably 6 weeks ago and I've been working on it as time permits...and I just now concluded it won't work. I'm going to leave it off for awhile so I can enjoy the bike and I may plan a second round of attack at some point.
 
Stealth128_imp said:
Hi I'm mulling over installing the Yoshimura RSCV full Exhaust System and was wondering if anybody had any feed back or if I should be in a different direction?
Also looking for any comments about sound install ect.

Thanks for your Time.

The RSCV fits great and performance of the bike is much improved. Don't be disappointed if it is not as loud as you might have thought. It is actually quiet. I recommend it and have included a picture of my 2013.



Good luck and I hope this helps!
 
Ordered the Yoshimura exhaust. Tracking # has it here by next Wednesday. I know the center stand bracket only fits the 2013 models. I'll post some pics, and hopefully how to modify the bracket to fit the 2014 Std. Stay tuned...
 
Received & installed the exhaust. As previously mentioned and I thought there was another post detailing why the supplied center stand bracket doesn't work for the 2014 CB1100 (Std. model, not sure about the others).

The 2014 center stand return springs were relocated from the side to the center.
Here's the stand out with Yoshimura bracket, and return springs. The springs will hit the stand when it retracts. Others have cut the bracket in two pieces leaving enough room for the springs. Not sure how that will hold up over time.

d6f3572e1b630bdc794f479125e0998d.jpg


Here's a shot without the springs, loosely on the bike

b8b778f22eefaecd82232963b8d94528.jpg


At this point I'm leaving the center stand off, and will likely add this to the winter project list. Initial thoughts include some sort of stop/bracket that utilizes the stock center exhaust support (not used for the Yoshimura system).

Really like the exhaust:D. Not loud, but has the look & throaty sound I was after.
8f2f7dd9d8ca7641596cc82f86e27d2c.jpg
 
Back
Top