Yoshimura RS-3

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I was fiddling around on the web today and ran across an ad for Yoshimura RS-3 slip on muffler on sale for less than $300 in stainless steel. Sounds like a great deal but someone tell me why I should have one of these things? How much louder are they versus the 4 to 1 exhaust on a 2014 Std? What do I gain by having one? Can the factory heat shield be used on the Yoshie? What about the factory Co2 sensor? Will the fuel/air ratio need to be modified? Any other points to consider? I've had my share of exhaust burns on my bare legs with a 1100 Cruiser during the warm months. Don't want that ever again. Thanks.
 
My question would be why would you have bare legs while riding a motorcycle? Lol Now I'm not a safety Freak, but motors and exhausts are hot, and stuff gets thrown up from the road like rocks and stuff. I would think it would be very painful riding without long pants of some sort.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
My question would be why would you have bare legs while riding a motorcycle? Lol Now I'm not a safety Freak, but motors and exhausts are hot, and stuff gets thrown up from the road like rocks and stuff. I would think it would be very painful riding without long pants of some sort.
I live in the South. That's what we do down here.

So, what about my muffler questions?
 
It looks like several members have that system

Yoshimura RS-3

I typed Yoshimura in the search engine and came up with quite a few threads about it
 
I've had the muffler one full season, I like the sound. The price is right, good quality, easy install for the muffler, more tedious for the center stand stop. No fueling changes. Significant weight savings. That is it...
 
If your looking at the muffler for the 14 Std, there's a reason why it's on sale. They're permanently baffled versus the 13 edition that has a removable baffle.
 
Thread starter
Well, I succumbed to the name hype and ordered a Yoshimura today. I decided to go with the 2014 version for my 2014 cycle. Not a fan of loud motorcycles so maybe this one will work for me. Now, all I have to worry about is USPS delivering it without any damage. What was the vendor thinking?
 
White Dog_imp said:
Well, I succumbed to the name hype and ordered a Yoshimura today. I decided to go with the 2014 version for my 2014 cycle. Not a fan of loud motorcycles so maybe this one will work for me. Now, all I have to worry about is USPS delivering it without any damage. What was the vendor thinking?
When you get it, can you post to let us know if the 2014 model now includes the proper center-stand stop for the 2014 CB1100?

I read a previous post where they ordered the proper 2014 center-stand stop direct from Yoshimura. Just wondering if it's now included with the 2014 exhaust.
 
Thread starter
Townie_imp said:
White Dog_imp said:
Well, I succumbed to the name hype and ordered a Yoshimura today. I decided to go with the 2014 version for my 2014 cycle. Not a fan of loud motorcycles so maybe this one will work for me. Now, all I have to worry about is USPS delivering it without any damage. What was the vendor thinking?
When you get it, can you post to let us know if the 2014 model now includes the proper center-stand stop for the 2014 CB1100?

I read a previous post where they ordered the proper 2014 center-stand stop direct from Yoshimura. Just wondering if it's now included with the 2014 exhaust.
When you get it, can you post to let us know if the 2014 model now includes the proper center-stand stop for the 2014 CB1100?

I read a previous post where they ordered the proper 2014 center-stand stop direct from Yoshimura. Just wondering if it's now included with the 2014 exhaust. Sure thing. I asked this same question to Revzilla, the seller, and was told no modifcation or stand stop was necessary for the 2014 muffler installed on a 2014 cycle. I'll soon find out, as the muffler was picked up by the shipper today with 2-day delivery "promised." I believe the guys ordering the 2013 muffler (because it has a removable baffle) requires a different bracket for the 2014 center stand and that is what was ordered from Yoshimura.
 
I just posted a youtube video in the mods section showing my muffler and sound clip. Posted under cafe mods. Its the 13 muffler on my 14 standard. I just PMed you about stopper bracket. Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner being that I havent logged on in a while. See that you already purchased the muffler. I am very pleased with mine, good quality and price and look are right.
 
Back
Top