Yoshimura machine bent exhaust

Wow. It looks like Pops Yoshimura offset the collector to the right in order to keep the centerstand?

A bit scary to think that an solid mount exhaust is touching down before the engineers feel the lean angle is maxed out. Maybe consider increasing the preload on the shocks and stiffer springs in front to give it a bit more clearance when fully loaded?

Beautiful bike (and pipes as well) though!
 
looking at the bike pictures, it looks like you would have to lean excessively to scrape. Guess not! Thanks for the PSA.
 
I've got the same exhaust, so it surprised me to see your post. Have you checked with the vendor or Yoshimura? I can only imagine their jig being off or maybe some kind of assembly error. Good luck, let us know what you find out.
 
That sucks man, have you changed riding height by suspension changes?
did you change tire size by chance? I'm very surprised at this outcome. While I haven't scraped my yosh, I haven't touched my peg feelers either so ...?

My FZ 09 is my hooligan machine, on my cb I'm mostly sedate.
 
I'd like someone with a 2013 and a 2014 std with stock exhausts to measure the clearance at a couple of spots so those of us with Yosh systems can compare. I would expect the clearance on both the 2013 and 2014 stock exhaust to be the same, but I suppose that there could have been some differences.
 
I have also found that my bike (which is the exact same as yours) with this exhaust had low ground clearence. I ended up scraping mine coming out of the store parking lot. The ramp that led to the street was a little steeper than I thought. That being said I love this exhaust I just wish it had a little more clearence.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I'd like someone with a 2013 and a 2014 std with stock exhausts to measure the clearance at a couple of spots so those of us with Yosh systems can compare. I would expect the clearance on both the 2013 and 2014 stock exhaust to be the same, but I suppose that there could have been some differences.
Have two friends lay the bike over while you check clearance. FYI mine never touched down.
 
Add a couple of clicks (preload) to your rear suspension and increase your front preload by one line. Get some black heat paint and touch up that pipe. Increase the suspension by increments if need be.
 
Scraped my Yoshimura pipe tonight. Going to try some suspension adjustments, but this is the first time it's happened in the 5000+ riding miles I have with this exhaust so the follow up report could take a year or so.
 
EmptySea, sorry to hear about the pipe. But, that is only a minor thing, and on the bright side it means your riding skills are getting better! You are now officially a wildman! :D
 
Thanks, veech. It's more likely that my weight has increased faster than my skills. To follow up a bit, I talked to Fred The Service Guy and he seems not to be too worried about dragging the pipe so I'm not going to be, either.
 
Back
Top