Yoshi system - oil filter removal

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Installed the Yoshimura full exhaust system, and noticed the oil filter was close to the header. Wasn't sure if I'd have to loosen the exhaust to remove the filter; fortunately there's just enough room :D

Here's a shot of the filter to header clearance with the filter completely unthreaded and ready to be removed. Hope this might help if you're thinking of getting this exhaust.

b295772ee09e54ccdb41db9b5f1a3bce.jpg
 
Thread starter
Didn't take any temp readings before or after the install, but I'll bet it does have an effect.
 
Just looked at this thread again. How old was the Yoshi system whe the photo was taken, Razor? That pipe is in interesting condition.
 
Thread starter
Funny you mention the condition of the headers. They're dirty in the photo, but the coating is taking a beating from the front wheel. When the time comes I'm leaning towards ceramic coating. Won't happen right away, still need to do some research.
 
Must be the light, but it looks like there are holes in it.
 
Back
Top