Haaa then we both have helped him I got way to much in reviving that DS7, cosmetically it was fine but needed pretty much everything else. But I love it, it's rescued and I would do it again.
Haaa then we both have helped him I got way to much in reviving that DS7, cosmetically it was fine but needed pretty much everything else. But I love it, it's rescued and I would do it again.
Sounds like we share the Rescue Bike syndrome, along with our RD400s. Somebody's gotta do it, right? I always just hate the thought of one of these nice old bikes falling into the wrong hands, if you know what I mean.
We should start a non-profit called PETOB. People for the Ethical Treatment of Old Bikes.
I do understand, at the Hoarder's Garage the tag line is preservation, not restoration or customization, but that's just us. We love saving them in all their STOCK glory when possible.
So I'm going to enter my RD400 in a show at the end of the month and thought I would clean up one of the small cosmetic issues, but without altering the originality as much as possible (I'm sure the Hoarder will appreciate this and hope he doesn't think I made an irreversible alteration -- which it isn't, the vinyl adhesive is easily removed if wanted ) . When I bought the bike in 2011 the only part of the tank or side panels that had any flaw was this part of the left side tank decal: