Yamaha FZ-10 - oh mama!

I really like this bike. Good electronics package. Best naked so far, like an FZ8 massively upgraded. You have the Gen 1 or Gen 2 FZ1? I had a Gen 1, with steel frame, but FZ8 uses Gen 2 frame with slight mods. Really, really good handling.

I wonder about the short wheelbase of this one; gonna be very quick-turning.
 
No doubt the new FZ-10 is a really FAST bike infused with lots of new technology, but way to "Transformer-like" for me. That, and the over the top price of 13k (vs. 7.5k for a leftover CB) will be out of reach for most wanting a comfortable, everyday street bike. I'd even go so far to say, I would still prefer my FZ-1 over the new FZ-10.
 
A few years ago at a Yamaha demo days my son and I rode the R-1s. The bikes were extremely uncomfortable, but oh that motor. After the demo ride we both said if they put that motor in a Gen 1 style FZ-1 we'd buy one. We each had Gen 1 FZ-1s (I had 2 of them) and loved them. Well Yamaha you are a little late. I have my CB and my son just bought an FJ-09. Bet it is one heck of a bike though.
 
No doubt a great bike in every way but I could never get used to the styling. I'd have to put a sheet over it when garaged so I wouldn't have to look at it. Of course when riding it, who would care. The performance would make me smile.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I want a bike. Not a transformer or maybe a military attack bike. sigh.
I've got one of those already in red. :D
This would be for the moods of those other days...
Ulvetanna_imp said:
I really like this bike. Good electronics package. Best naked so far, like an FZ8 massively upgraded. You have the Gen 1 or Gen 2 FZ1? I had a Gen 1, with steel frame, but FZ8 uses Gen 2 frame with slight mods. Really, really good handling.

I wonder about the short wheelbase of this one; gonna be very quick-turning.
1st Gen. - '05. A beast with great ergos. Really, really loved that bike.

 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I guess I must be an enigma - I'll be 59 in a few days, and I love the looks! :P
59, that makes you a youg'n on this forum LOL. Nothing wrong with loving the look of this bike. Would be a most boring world if everyone's tastes were the same.

Now, if you didn't like onions that would be most bizarre.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I guess I must be an enigma - I'll be 59 in a few days, and I love the looks! :P
Not at all. I'm 59, I love it. Would buy one if I could. It's the way of the future. But wait...it uses rocker arms instead of shim under bucket! Old tech, new look. I wonder if the valve train needs attention more often than the Genesis setup.

This thing really has the cred to be something special, it's light, powerful, compact, tuneable. To me, the perfect old-man bike.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I guess I must be an enigma - I'll be 59 in a few days, and I love the looks! :P
59, that makes you a youg'n on this forum LOL. Nothing wrong with loving the look of this bike. Would be a most boring world if everyone's tastes were the same.

Now, if you didn't like onions that would be most bizarre.
59, that makes you a youg'n on this forum LOL. Nothing wrong with loving the look of this bike. Would be a most boring world if everyone's tastes were the same.

Now, if you didn't like onions that would be most bizarre.
Hahaha. Unfortunately, not an onion fan - well, except for this kind:

But, I do only drink hot tea instead of coffee. :D
 
Ahh a reasonable man. I knew there was a reason I liked you PW :thumbsup:
 
everybody has their failings. Like, you don't like RLETS, but other than that you are a pretty cool guy. lol
 
I'm torn on this beast. The green wheels are an issue, but nothing powder coating can't solve. It has most of the performance of the Aprilia Tuono, a bike I covet, likely with none of the exotic headaches, and at a huge cost advantage. MCN just rated it 2nd to the Tuono Factory in the super naked category. But it is a bit unconventional looking. Have to see it and study it for a while when it lands here.
 
Back
Top